Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Lowering Springs - What else?

I have a 2003 C4S with just over 100k miles and it appears to have the original shocks. I'm wanting to go with a lowered suspension, planning on H&R's with Bilstein B8's.  

My question is what are all of the other components that need to be changed to accommodate the lowered suspension, drop links & etc.

I'm also interested in a list of wear the components that should be changed at this mileage so I don't have to go back in there for a long time. 

If someone's gone down this path I'd very much appreciate your impressions of the ride quality. This is my daily driver in the Seattle area and our roads are pretty rough. I don't want something that will shake loose my fillings.

Thanks for the help!

It would be a function of how low you want to drop it.  I dropped my C2 an inch and only changed out the springs (Eibach Pro-Kit Spring Set Front and Rear fitment).  This combined with wheel spacers (7mm front 15mm rear) was the most I found I could drop it without running into any issues.  I was able to get my alignment back to spec except the camber is just a hair out of the max spec.  I have been able to manage the tire wear by pulling the rubber off and rotating them.  There are adjustable lower control arms that would help.   My ride is a little tighter but no major change in performance.  Very pleased with the look and feel. 

I found a DIY I had saved - attached.

911 lowered.pdf

20150806_191627.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I recently performed a suspension bushing refit with Powerflex bushings @ 82000 miles. I noticed movement while driving over road transitions at speed. Some describe it as bump steer. When I took the suspension apart and inspected bushings, my lower control arm outer bushings all had one side of the rubber ripping away/cracked from the outer metal housing of the bushing. The rear upper control arm links all had the center part of the bushings offset to one side and some had visible separation from the outer part of the bushing. I also find one lower control arm link with a bad joint. It moved and made obvious noise when I moved it by hand.

Others have reported no issues with the stock bushings at high mileage, but I share this experience so at least you can take a look at these components.

Kind Regards,