Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

My 2000 C2 w/ Aero II added

Took a couple of months but picked up my baby yesterday.  I had Porsche replace the AC unit (the whole unit under the dash.)  They also refinished the calipers and headlights.  I then took it over to Stuttgart International (near Miami).  They are Porsche trained and certified.  They fixed some dog bites (yes, my dog bit my car chasing lizards.  She survived but she knows better now.)  Four panels were involved in the biting event but I had Stuttgart shoot the rest of the car as well and also had them add the Aero II rocker panels and rear wing.  (I had the Aero II front bumper added about 10 years back when I updated the front clip after an accident.)  I also had Stuttgart do the wheels.  Basically the whole outside of the car has been done.

I think Stuttgart did an amazing job.  The car looks new all around including door jambs and hood/trunk seams.  Panel & door alignments seem flawless.  Hoping to keep her around for another 16 years or so.

btw, I am not affiliated with Stuttgart at all nor did I get anything from posting this.  I just really like the job they did.  This is the second large body job that I've had performed by a Porsche certified shop and I don't think I'd take my car anywhere else (but I do hope this is the last time for a while.)

IMG_20180706_152355.jpg

IMG_20180706_152414.jpg

IMG953818.jpg

IMG953888 (2).jpg

Nice job! Curious... based on your title (i.e. 2002 C2), you've taken a 2000 Mk1 Carrera and converted it to a GT3 Mk2 aero kit, correct? What kind of cost for the Aero bits and full paint?  Looks like a top-notch job given the fact that they removed the doors, all weather seals, hood, and bumpers. I'm guessing here... you have more than $15,000 for the a paint job and aero kit?

It's looks really good... Only thing I'd add is the mk2 GT3 18" wheels to match. Those older 17" turbo twist don't do the car with it's new look any justice, IMHO. 

• Upvote 1

To answer your question, "it is complicated."  I purchased the car in 02.  The front clip upgrade was done in 04 or 05 after a 'perfect' accident.  Nothing important bent, just managed to ding every single thing on the front end.  Insurance paid for it and I just told the service manager, "let's order 04 parts." and he said, sure.  So that part of the equation is nebulous.  (that, btw, was a 35k job.)  I got the rear clip off of a guy around 2012 or so.  It was the proper color and for maybe 300 bucks, I got the bumper and all of the assessory parts (exhaust, shields, etc) I needed to do a proper update back there.  I also did the interior.  I think around 2010.  So I also have an 04 interior with glove box, later center vent system and full leather interior.

For this latest job, I got the parts from Suncoast. 4.2k for the wing and rockers, I think.  I also bought about 1.5k of rubber, etc. to make sure things looked good.  You can check it with them.  Best prices for parts that I have found.  

The paint job was around 15k or so.  Some of this was insurance, so the total is a bit fuzzy but I think about 15k would get this done.  Not counting any parts or updates.

Hope this answers your question.

p.s. I thought about the wheels but my rubber is really new.  I will likely update the rims to proper gt3 style when I need new rubber.

Wow... didn't realize your car had this type of history, but glad you got some benefit off the accident.  Oh, I was way off on the paint job... $15,000??? Eeekk... that's almost the total value of the car. You must really love this car! Regardless, beautiful job. ?