Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PIWIS II - Error 65010 : Security Access Failed!

Hi all,

I was trying to replace my PDCC control unit on my Cayenne 2008 with a used unit. Exactly the same problem discussed in this post in another forum. Also attempting the exact solution  -> https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/cayenne-turbo/367160-07-ctt-pdcc-pressure-sensor-calibration.html.

I read the data from the current faulty control unit with no issues. However, while trying to write the data on the replacement unit, I got the above error "65010 : Security Access Failed!". Anyone with experience with PIWIWS II that knows what that actually means? I've googled the whole day with zero hits on the description of the error.

The link didn't work for me, but I managed to find the thread:

WWW.6SPEEDONLINE.COM

Cayenne Turbo - 07 CTT PDCC Pressure Sensor Calibration - Hi I have replaced the PDCC Control unit on my 2007 Porsche Cayenne Turbo (957). It was faulty (there was actually a fault code saying control module faulty !)...

Although I can't help with your problem, it is not exactly the same as the one above.  In his case, the fellow was able to read out the old control unit and write it to the new one.  His problem was that he could not run the calibration routine.  In your case, you say you can't write the data to the new control unit.

Is the used CU exactly the same part number as the original?  Can you manually code the new module?

Is the problem with calibration?  I have no experience of PDCC, but if it is the same as the levelling calibration, you have to get the security access code from Actual Values before running the calibration routine.

Hi Richard,

What I meant was that I have the exact same problem with the control unit - the fault code was "0003 - Control Unit Faulty". Can't get anymore generic than that. LOL. My repair strategy would be the same as his.

The difference was that he was running PIWIS I and I tried to use a PIWIS II (friend's unit - he's an independent workshop). The replacement CU was exactly the same part number as my faulty one. Even the revision suffix is the same. I can tell that the replacement unit was made about 30 weeks later.

I don't quite understand what you meant by manually coding the CU. When I go under repair & maintenance > control unit replacement, there was only option to read or write data. And as for the coding tab, it only showed 1 coding option : that is if the car is a V6, V8 or diesel variant. My car is the V6 whereas the donor unit comes from a V8.

Even without able to write the data (to replace basic coding and VIN on the CU), I was able to calibrate the unit. But the errors of non-calibrated came back after a restart of the car - with the coding and VIN errors of course.

This brings me to think that PIWIS II or that particular PIWIS II setup might have problems writing data. Is that possible that it is not configured correctly? I'm not particularly familiar with the PIWIS. When you get the security access code from actual values (for levelling calibration), where do you have to key it into? I did take a peek at the actual values tab, but I don't remember seeing any security access code in that page.

When I said manual coding, I meant using the Coding/Adaptations tab.  Not being familiar with PDCC, I didn't realise there was only one coding option.  Were you able to change it from V8 to V6?  Did you look in the Extended Identification tab, to see if the VIN was displayed, and if it could be changed there?  Another thing you could try is running the Vehicle Handover.

When calibrating the levelling system, you have to enter the security code at the beginning of the routine.  It doesn't sound like PDCC has the same requirement for a code.

I have been able to change it to V6. PIWIS seems to report that the change was successful. However, on a restart it showed the same errors. I'm gonna give it another go with another PIWIS II setup after the new years. Been having this PDCC issue for a year now. Need my sports mode back.