Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Checking Coil Pack

Hi,99 boxster base. Indie told me to check coil packs w/ multi meter. I'm getting .7 ohms on 2 outside contacts (primary) and 7.2 megohms on plug spring and center contact(secondary) they both seem out of spec. Am I doing this correctly? thanks v

Thanks Loren, What about the secondary coil? Pin 4 to plug spring I'm getting 7.2 megohm. I think its supposed to be 600 ohms. I just ordered new set. Should I cancel the order??? Thanks Vince

OK ....getting .7 at the primary a little less than 1800 ohms on the plug connectors. Someone else said 5-7.2 K ohms between terminals 1 and 4 I'm getting 0. Pelican says 600 ohms on the secondary.... a little confused. Do you know anything about this. Just asking, want to be sure they're good before moving on into the misfire madness. Thanks V

Edited by vza

Hi Loren, Codes as follows: PO304            1313      P1539

PO305            1314

PO306            1315

I replaced the Plugs/AOS/MAF/Fuel Filter/Battery/Solenoid on Bank 2/Actuator Ramps on both banks/ I don't have a Durametric.  Codes have been bouncing back and forth from bank to bank. The codes above both appeared as CEL's and Pending at one time or another. The latest I replaced a weak and failing battery and thought I resolved it but about a half hr into a drive I get a CEL. For the most part the car was only at idle and not driven after all the work was done. Initially the original CEL was a P1539 that's why I replaced the solenoid(tested the solenoid for proper resistance and it failed took a chance and replaced solenoid only ) I recently got plates for it and drove about 40 miles after I replaced the Batt and thought I was good. Lately I've been clearing the codes to see if the DME will learn new Fuel Trim and I've been watching that...I got to the point where I brought it to an indie to pinpoint the problem and that's who told me to check the Coils before I brought it in. Could be a vacuum leak but not finding one.....knock sensors?? Be nice to drive it when the Spring comes!! Thanks V