Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Work on Cars ~ some help (& tools) required

Jimflip

Hi All,

I've got some small cosmetics that need doing, namely the drilling out & riveting in of a new windstop clip as well as some electrical sleuthery to figure out why the CD shuttle is somewhat "non-responsive".

Not possessing requisite experience or tools, I'd love to have the company of person(s) who have either (or both !)

Will gladly help with other owners projects (if I can) or at least, I'll bring beer ! ~ for use after the drilling & riveting is done ! :)

Any volunteers (& venue sponsors) for a DIY get together sometime soon ?

Regards

James

James

Sorry, can't help you your specific needs, but will be glad to offer my garage as a DIY gathering site. I have a scissor lift for use, also. I'm located in Half Moon Bay.

I need to do an oil/filter and brake fluid change on my GT3.

Assuming it's best to schedule this for a Saturday, I have Oct 8 or 22 available. I need to get my work done by the 22nd as I have my next track event on the 29th and 30th.

• Moderators

I have a drill and rivet gun for the clip replacement. The last guy that had a changer problem came by my ofice and we swaped changers and figured out his was bad so he sent it to Becker to be fixed.

This will take 30 minutes. If you can make it to San Jose during the week we can do it at my office.

post-4-1127804174_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the offer TP, I unfortunately can't roundtrip Financial District, Home, San Jose & back in my lunch-hour (although it'd be fun to try !)

Perhaps after hours or at (the kindly offered garage) in Half-Moon bay on the 8th ?

Thanks

James

ps. I pulled the CDR210 & checked the cable to the CDC-3 are firmly plugged in :( ~ they are...

Although... when I fiddled with the CDC3 connector there appeared to be faint sounds of life in the shuttle. (The shuttle is still jammed tho' ~ anyone know of a shuttle "emergency release" without having to undo the changer from the bracket ?)

OK,

Joe has offered to host on the 8th (if we have enough attendees) and I can't seem to find the mail from TP (offering to round up "the usual suspects"), so...

If you are interested in coming along, can we have an indication of "firm interest" for the 8th October 2005, so that we can determine if this is worth putting on as a "happening" ? (also an indication of what you want/need to do would be great)

Thanks

James

Besides the scissor lift noted above, I also have a compressor, and impact and ratchet wrenches, as well as most hobbyist mechanic tools. The one thing I'd ask folks to bring are plastic jugs for any used oil and/or brake fluid, and I'd ask you to take that away with you since recycling is limited.

:clapping: So is the 8th and the 22nd on? I would love to change my headlamps. I have a 97 with original lamps and a new set of litronics I'd very much like to put in. I've viewed the DVD several times but always chicken out when I pull into the garage to actually "do it". . . .

• Admin
I'm waiting until Tuesday to see what kind of response we have before making a final decision.  Are you definitely in?

Even if it's just a very few, I'm game.  Stay tuned!

Oct. 8th - Looks like I'll be there with my PST2 and other stuff to help out.

I haven't heard back from Jeff (Tool Pants) yet though.

Once this gets confirmed please either post a map or give an address we can use for directions. Thanks!

OK, no need to wait until Tuesday to give this a GO!! We're a go.

Below are directions and address. What time should we start? I'd suggest 9, and folks can filter in as they can.

Three things to keep in mind:

1. Traffic over Hwy 92 gets pretty heavy after 9 as folks start coming over for the pumpkin patches.

2. Once you get to HMB, obey the STOP signs, especially when you turn off Hwy 1 to come into my neighborhood. The HMB police lay in wait for those who cruise through the STOP signs, no matter how slowly. Do yourself a favor, STOP at the signs.

3. Please do not park blocking the walkway to my neighbor's house at 201. He's a PITA about this, and not worth the hassle.

Hwy 92 West to Half Moon Bay

Hwy 92 ends at Hwy 1

Left (South) on Hwy 1

Right at first stop light (Tres Amigos on the corner), Kelly Ave.

Left at third stop sign, Potter Ave. (these are the better stop STOP signs)

Right at first stop sign, Miramontes Ave.

I am at 205 Miramontes, right hand side toward the end of the block. Unless it's raining, there will be a US flag on the flagpole in front. I will also have a PORSCHE flag hanging off my balcony.

Edited by ltcjmramos

Sorry, guys, but I'm going to need to postpone this until the 22d. I've been ill most of the week, left work after only an hour on Tuesday, then again today. Got a bug of some sort - bad throat, headache, and discharging at both ends.

Slept part of the afternoon, but still feeling lousy. Even if I get to feeling better tomorrow, no telling how I'll be Saturday.

Unless another venue picks this up for the 8th, I'll do it on the 22d.