Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Bi-xenon kit for Cayenne

Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit Bi-Xenon kit on a halogen-headlamp based Cayenne? Or can you recommend an aftermarket HID/xenon kit for Cayenne which I can have installed professionally by a local dealer in California?

Thanks!

Yeah, Alpha and Xetronic got some pretty good HID bi-xenon kits. You have to build a bracket to hang the ballast. You are looking at $1000.00+ with installation.

However, you may also try to look for the genuine bi-xenon headlights. Like new ready-to-install parts are of the similar cost as the HID kits, but you may save a little bit on installation. Check eBay out.

Does anyone know if it's possible to retrofit Bi-Xenon kit on a halogen-headlamp based Cayenne? Or can you recommend an aftermarket HID/xenon kit for Cayenne which I can have installed professionally by a local dealer in California?

Thanks!

Yeah, Alpha and Xetronic got some pretty good HID bi-xenon kits. You have to build a bracket to hang the ballast. You are looking at $1000.00+ with installation.

However, you may also try to look for the genuine bi-xenon headlights. Like new ready-to-install parts are of the similar cost as the HID kits, but you may save a little bit on installation. Check eBay out.

AlienGG are you familiar with anyone in the SF Bay Area who is a reputable installer of these Alpha/Xetronic kits?

• 1 year later...

I am a installer for HID in SF bay area my shop is in novato and i live in sausalito. 400$ installed with 2 year warenty. I install these a lot and the f1speck kit is the best for the price. I have installed these on my cayenne in the headlights, fogs, and the turning projectors. call me up if your interested. If you have any problem with them i warenty my self and swap on the spot if i have the part in stock. call me up Justin 415-246-6607 Im also doing all cinds of modifactions to mine so if your interested in anything else let me know

• 2 months later...
I think Loren will answer that Q. ^_^

I put HIDS in my cayenne no problem very easy install 10 min

I justin first time , I installed hids on my Cayenne 2006 , one little problem , I live in

canada therefor I needed to programme d r l .So when I start up my cayenne 06 lights are off

reducted voltage is sent to my day lights , the hid' s flicker and when the lights are turned on

it works fine .I don't know if programming could solve my problem or lighting my day lights

else where or something............

Edited by Loren
Removed ALL CAPS - please do not post in ALL CAPS

• 1 year later...

Hi all, I am fighting since more than a month now to get this issue solved and I hope you could help. I have a US cayenne 2004 and I did the complete facelift conversion. All went ok except the headlights, mine has no xenon on it and the new ones I installed are OEM xenon and they don't work ok. I heard about modules or boxes but at unreasonable prices. Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

Is the automatic range adjustment system for yoir Ned xenon front lights working properly too ?

was there wires ready and brackets front and rear for the sensor/ levelleres ?

I have a 2004 halogen (none xenon) Cayenne.  3,2

the car has now a facelift 2008 turbo front end with xenon, but the range leveling system is not installled.    Is it possible ?  How to do ? Seems like it’s missing wires in the rear.

there is brackets front and rear.   And I have the levelleres, although the electric connector on the front one doesn’t fit...

I have no wires from rear yet.....where red should the wires from rear be connected ? 

What kind of programming is neccecary ? 

Running dayligh doses not work work when the engine starts.

light switch needs to be switched on before I start the car.......else the front light xenon does not go on. 

Any any help to get ?