Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Robo-Top, The One-Touch Convertible Top Module, Easy Install, $79

It's Finally Here! After Months of Testing, Robo-Top is Now Complete.

http://www.onetouchporsche.com/ Only $79.95

Robo-Top is a Convertible Top Module That Allows One-Touch Operation for 986 Boxsters and 996 Cabriolets.

Details:

- One-Touch Convertible Operation for 986 Boxsters and 996 Cabriolets

- Do it Yourself 5 Minute Installation (Reversible and Very Easy)

- $79.95, A Price that Allows all Owners to Enjoy

- Ability to Stop Movement Mid Operation

- OEM Settings Included (Holding Button Down = Movement)

- 2 Year Warranty for the Robo-Top Module

- It is Possible to Use Robo-Top While Moving, Visit this Link to See How http://www.onetouchporsche.com/moving

One of the first users of Robo-Top had this to say:

"I didn't know I wanted the one-touch capability until I had it, it makes things a lot easier."

http://www.onetouchporsche.com/ Only $79.95

Please Let Me Know if You Have Any Questions! You can email me at salem.tyler@gmail.com or you can PM me here.

Tyler

Edited by highlow

Just bought one - I'll let you know how it goes!

Are there any "Customer Testimonials" on this yet? Inquiring minds want to know...

There was an issue with the product concerning a 996 cab that I am trying to figure out.

I'll ask a customer to post a review for you guys to read.

• 1 month later...

Any feedback yet on the unit?

I bought one, and here is my honest and as much as I can objective feedback, given that this is a 79.00 part. While the closest thing is about twice the price.

It works fully 75% of the time, what does that mean?

75% of the time, I press the button and it does the whole thing perfectly (open or close full cycle)

15% of the time, I press the button, and nothing happens, have to press it again or keep it pressed as the automated part was not there

10% of the time, I press the button and it starts opening or closing, but the rear flap stays open (after the convertible opens or closes), have to press the button, and keep it pressed for the rear flap to come down

For some reason, it does not light up with the interior lights.

Tyler provided great customer service, the first one was even more erratic than the second one. He shipped a new one immediately upon contacting him.

He also acknowledge the problem with the lights, I can live with it.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the information,for $79 I am going to give it a shot. Worse case I just take if off and stick with the original unit. I will keep all informed on my experiences.

\

I bought one, and here is my honest and as much as I can objective feedback, given that this is a 79.00 part. While the closest thing is about twice the price.

75% of the time, I press the button and it does the whole thing perfectly (open or close full cycle)

15% of the time, I press the button, and nothing happens, have to press it again or keep it pressed as the automated part was not there

10% of the time, I press the button and it starts opening or closing, but the rear flap stays open (after the convertible opens or closes), have to press the button, and keep it pressed for the rear flap to come down

Tyler provided great customer service, the first one was even more erratic than the second one. He shipped a new one immediately upon contacting him.

• 1 month later...

Just installed the unit last week. Took about 10 minutes to install. It works as advertised. You need to remember that you need to hold the button for about 1 second then let go. If you hold it too short, nothing happens. If you hold it too long, it will act like the standard switch (as soon as you let go it will stop)

Overall easy to install and great support (I had to contact them because I was holding the switch too long) . I would highly recommend it to any Cabriolet owner.

Thanks for the information,for $79 I am going to give it a shot. Worse case I just take if off and stick with the original unit. I will keep all informed on my experiences.

\

• 6 months later...

Just installed the unit last week. Took about 10 minutes to install. It works as advertised. You need to remember that you need to hold the button for about 1 second then let go. If you hold it too short, nothing happens. If you hold it too long, it will act like the standard switch (as soon as you let go it will stop)

Overall easy to install and great support (I had to contact them because I was holding the switch too long) . I would highly recommend it to any Cabriolet owner.

Holding for one second is not a bad idea since it precludes accidentally activating the opening/closing cycle from unintentionally pressing on the button.