Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Radio problem

A friend has an '02 boxster. Recently he did some work and disconnected the battery. After reconnecting and entering the radio code (or what he thought was the code) he gets a "wait" message. After reboot (disconnecting the battery), same thing. :cursing:

When I have entered my code incorrectly, I just get the "code" message. This seems to be something else.

What's up?

David

I think if you enter the code incorrectly three times, the car forces you to wait one hour before the code can be tried again. During this hour, the car must remain on (or at least, the key in the ON position). Turning the car off resets the timer and the hour wait restarts. I'm pretty sure during the hour the stereo displays "wait", like it's looking for a CD changer.

• Moderators

When you power up the radio the display says CODE followed by 4 stars, because it is asking for the 4 digit code.

If you enter the wrong code 3 times then the display says WAIT. Your friend entered the wrong code 3 or more times. You then have to wait 1 hour before you can enter a code again. During this 1 hour wait the ignition and radio have to be on, before you can try the code again.

• Admin
Does anyone know where I can purchase the two radio pins/gadgets to remove the radio from the console?
You can get them from Becker for under $2.00 each (last time I checked) plus shipping. You can also usually find them on eBay for $10.00 or more!

Where are you located? another member here might loan you their set...

Does anyone know where I can purchase the two radio pins/gadgets to remove the radio from the console?
You can get them from Becker for under $2.00 each (last time I checked) plus shipping. You can also usually find them on eBay for $10.00 or more!

Thanks, Loren.

What are they actually called so I can do a search online.

Clear Lake, Houston, TX if anyone is near me, please let me help me out.

• Admin

Thanks, Loren.

What are they actually called so I can do a search online.

Clear Lake, Houston, TX if anyone is near me, please let me help me out.

Becker radio keys.

post-1-1176772382_thumb.jpg post-1-1176772388_thumb.jpg

(photo 1 courtesy - Tool Pants, photo 2 courtesy Tom Morris)

• Upvote 1