Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Set of Wheels Just Came In

Thanks!

These are from eurotech wheels. 18x9 & 18x11

wow, nice!

wbhee'd you get them and what size are they?

aloha

steve

:) UPS guy brought a couple of boxes today & it was my toy I've been waiting for.

I think these wheels r just gorgeous! What do u guys think?

post-23680-1194048036_thumb.jpg

post-23680-1194048050_thumb.jpg

Very nice. congrats.

Can you please post before and after pics? Also, detail what you end up doing (suspension changes or spacers and such)? I have been looking to do the same, but I know nothing about this and not sure about any modifications that might need to take place to ensure proper wear and clearance. Camber and all that confuses me.

Again, CONGRATS, they look cool!!

Sure! to start with for the front wheels to fit my "S" I needed a pair of 6.5mm spacers! I looked every where for em. But I didn't want the universal fit kind. Wanting either hub centric fit or 5-130 bolt pattern factory drilled, I found a pair on automotion.com for $32.00 (set). Since I was just extending 1/4 inch out , I didn't need to replace my bolts. I've had Kumhos on my car previously ECSTA ATX? but this time I'm switching to Nexen N3000. I'll let u guys know how they turn out.

Thanks

post-23680-1194061735.jpg

Very nice. congrats.

Can you please post before and after pics? Also, detail what you end up doing (suspension changes or spacers and such)? I have been looking to do the same, but I know nothing about this and not sure about any modifications that might need to take place to ensure proper wear and clearance. Camber and all that confuses me.

Again, CONGRATS, they look cool!!

Edited by juniinc

Nice! hey djomlas did u use your fatory lug nuts? 140mmx1.5 or?

nice, got the same ones. just paint those centercaps couse that chrome stuff looks nasty

they are actually 8.5 and 10, but if measured end to end they sure are that wide :)

used stock ones, just machined off the spacers on them.

Cool, make sure u get 7-1/2 + full turns.

Nice! hey djomlas did u use your fatory lug nuts? 140mmx1.5 or?

nice, got the same ones. just paint those centercaps couse that chrome stuff looks nasty

they are actually 8.5 and 10, but if measured end to end they sure are that wide :)

used stock ones, just machined off the spacers on them.

dont really know, its my dads friends shop, so he took them in the morning, and dropped them off at my house in the afternoon. so literly free.

btw, where can you get longer ones for that price?

why didnt you go 275? why only 265?

i plan on going with 285 next time around :)

U can buy those at automotion.com/ performance product-same company

They have H&R spacers and extended bolts for low price$.

The reason is I like the low profile 35 series, don't really like in 40' series. i also wanted to stay with factory spec-ed diameter which is 265/35/18, so my tranny doesn't throw that much! Since I got my tires today I need to throw them on. But I talk to Frank from Eurotech wheel again! offset for these wheels r 52mmF/58mmR .Can u do me a favor? djomlas look in your factory manual see what is ur factory offset spec when its 18?

dont really know, its my dads friends shop, so he took them in the morning, and dropped them off at my house in the afternoon. so literly free.

The reason is I like the low profile 35 series, don't really like in 40' series. i also wanted to stay with factory spec-ed diameter which is 265/35/18, so my tranny doesn't throw that much! Since I got my tires today I need to throw them on. But I talk to Frank from Eurotech wheel again! offset for these wheels r 52mmF/58mmR .Can u do me a favor? djomlas look in your factory manual see what is ur factory offset spec when its 18?

Did you space out the front and the back?

I need to space out the front I think,,,I'll know for sure in a couple days.I'm gonna try to throw them on next few days.

I'll post some pix then!

Did you space out the front and the back?

you dont need anything for the front, but if you prefer them to stick out more then you can put some.

they look fine on my car.

and for the rears, it was just a slight rubbing on the shock, so i chose the smallest spacer available that i could find and put them on, and its fine now.

should be lowering the car this weekend with soe Gemballa springs, as well as ROW rear sway bar, and i already installed a rear brace that is in a discussion now, that earnie bar. :)

Just in time for winter :) :) :D

I need to space out the front I think,,,I'll know for sure in a couple days.I'm gonna try to throw them on next few days.

I'll post some pix then!

Sweet wheels man :thumbup: Wish I had 18x11 at the rear (18x9 with 265s now) first thing I would do is throw on a set of 285s, would look tough from the back but I understand your hesitation.

Post some shots of your car when its done :D

Thanks fellas!

I'm pretty excited myself.

I sure will post some pics!

I'll post some pix then!

Sweet wheels man :thumbup: Wish I had 18x11 at the rear (18x9 with 265s now) first thing I would do is throw on a set of 285s, would look tough from the back but I understand your hesitation.

Post some shots of your car when its done :D

What kind of calipers u got? I believe S comes with bigger calipers,,,

you dont need anything for the front, but if you prefer them to stick out more then you can put some.

they look fine on my car.

and for the rears, it was just a slight rubbing on the shock, so i chose the smallest spacer available that i could find and put them on, and its fine now.

should be lowering the car this weekend with soe Gemballa springs, as well as ROW rear sway bar, and i already installed a rear brace that is in a discussion now, that earnie bar. :)

Just in time for winter :) :) :D

FWIW, I have 10's (et47) on the rear of my '02 S with 275/35s. Car is also lowered with H&R sports springs. When fitting, be certain the wheel does not rub on the parking brake cable, as mine did. I was clear all suspension and shock points, but heard this strange whinning noise that would increase in pitch the faster I went. Upon removing the wheel, I noticed a groove rubbed into the cable (fortunately not severe). All was was fixed with a couple wide cable ties holding the brake cable close to the rear suspension arm.

post-10990-1194648901_thumb.jpg