Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Can anyone recommend a Child Booster Seat which fits in the back of a 997 CAB. I understand that there are a few which are narrow enough in the rear to fit. The actual seat I would think is as safe or safer because it is low and protected. I drop my daughter off at school a mile from home and rearly exceed 25 MPH on the trip but rules are rules.

The booster seat I use is the "Recaro Vivo Lite", it fits well in the back and has worked great. It has a backrest. There are some boosters that don't have backrests and if you kid is big enough that'd be even easier to use.

If you do a forum search I think you'll be able to find some other suggestions as well...

The booster seat I use is the "Recaro Vivo Lite", it fits well in the back and has worked great. It has a backrest. There are some boosters that don't have backrests and if you kid is big enough that'd be even easier to use.

If you do a forum search I think you'll be able to find some other suggestions as well...

Really appreciate the recommendation. Thank you.

Really appreciate the recommendation. Thank you.

I have an '06 S Cab and the Dakota Combi is a backless booster that fits pretty well in the back seat. Since the shoulder belt attachment point is so low anyway, the booster seats with a back and a shoulder harness "guide" don't really improve the fit of the shoulder belt. Also, without a back the child sits further back from the back of the front seat and has a lot more room. I also just purchased a Porsche Plus Junior Child seat (Part #955-044-801-03). It is a great seat which fits in both the front and the back. The front seat air bag is deactivated at less than 70lbs so you can safely put your child in front (Porsche also offers an airbag deactivation kit which is about $3-400 installed if you don't trust the sensor). The seat is made by Britax and is similar to their "non Porsche" seats. It seems like Porsche had them eliminate the cup holders to make the base small enough to fit.

PM me if you have any questions.

Edited by jes999

Can anyone recommend a Child Booster Seat which fits in the back of a 997 CAB. I understand that there are a few which are narrow enough in the rear to fit. The actual seat I would think is as safe or safer because it is low and protected. I drop my daughter off at school a mile from home and rearly exceed 25 MPH on the trip but rules are rules.

When my wife noticed that our booster didn't fit she bought me the Porsche child seat. Pricey, over $200, but fits perfectly, looks good and I can keep it in the car and put the seatback down to hear the full bass from the subwoofer when the kids are not in it.

• 4 weeks later...