Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Incredible, Cayenne Owner Steels From My Cayenne !

I ment to post this right after i've posted the video on youtube, but i forgot.

Story goes like this, my surveillance cameras, caught a dude - cayenne owner), steeling my windscreen wipers... after the theft, he went away with his own Cayenne... This amazes me in so many ways, i cannot describe :huh:

Jesus Christ, i mean, they cost like 100$ at the dealer (yes, they were brand new).

I've contacted the police, let's hope they catch him.

When watching more hours of the recording, i've noticed that the same guy with the Cayenne, drove by, many times before the theft, probably to check out the area, and then again after the theft... I suspect he needed something else... :rolleyes:

It seems they have already identified him, but the plate number is not very clear.

PS: i was filming my LCD the recording, as I couldn't transfer the images on a DVD, i did not have the software at that time.

Comments are in romanian, as this happened in Bucharest.. sorry about that. :)

http://www.youtube.c...u/1/G-AEGye-Mkg

You mean, this could be possible in other countries also ? I thought only in Romania it's possible :o

WTF, how the hell could you own a Porsche and not afford 100$ on wipers :huh: God, 150$ it costs just to fill up my Cayenne Turbo, i wonder, does he steal gas also :huh:

No, it seems the video does not show a clear license plate, being night and snowing... Problem is, I might have found the guy (from other sources), but then again... what to do, what to do ? hmmm :unsure: Should i just brake his legs and forget about it... or just forget about it ? <_<

By the way, the idiot, also crashed my windshield, when he let the wiper arm fall on the frozen windshield.

post-52042-1266169766_thumb.jpg

post-52042-1266169787_thumb.jpg

Edited by poleposition

No, it seems the video does not show a clear license plate, being night and snowing... Problem is, I might have found the guy (from other sources), but then again... what to do, what to do ? hmmm :unsure: Should i just brake his legs and forget about it... or just forget about it ? <_<

By the way, the idiot, also crashed my windshield, when he let the wiper arm fall on the frozen windshield.

That is just wrong, he could have at least put his crappy wipers back on, maybe he goes around to all the cayenne's and sells them on ebay...

I would put something else expensive on the car, to bait him, then pounce getting the better image of the license plate, then decide what to do.

This sounds like the guy that filmed the 18 year old kid stealing netflix movies from a guys mailbox, which is a federal offense, but people felt sorry for the kid... So be carefull what you do.

Why were you filming anyways?

what a piece of crap! People never cease to amaze me. For some reason Porsche owners seemed above this sort of thing(at least in my own mind) But obviously that's not the case. How "certain" are you that you know who he is? If you think you can take him, I'd be inclined to approach him and find a way to bring it up and watch his response. then I'd punch him square in the nose :D

no... I was filming the recording (what the cameras cought), not the actual theft of course :)

i was able to purchase the rubber blade part and installed on the OEM housing for less than $20, i just can NOT believe a cayenne owner who owns Porsche can't afford to buy his own fawking wiper blades.

this pisses me off big time :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, that really is unbelievable. Some people, man. And he broke your windshield?! Dude, that's just wrong.

Hope you catch the guy. If someone did that to me, I would hide in the car every time I parked it just to wait for it to happen again so I could take care of business! Sorry about your troubles...

• 2 weeks later...

just saw your post.

like I said before on our local forum, it's unbelievable.

I wonder what this jerk does when something its not working properly on his car, like drive shaft, coils and not to mention coolant pipes :)

ps.

salut,

eu stau tot in Bucuresti.

Daca ai nevoie de ajutor la masina sau orice, am Duramtric Profesional, nu e facatura chinezeasca, l-am luat ptr a evita cat de mult pot PBN-ul, nu ptr a face bani cu el ci mai mult din pasiune :)

poate ne intalnim si stam de vorba mai mult.

Ilie.