Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

This is a DIY guide for replacing the door latch part. The part cost me $116 dollars from Sunset Imports. I could not start this project because I needed a 12-point torx socket to remove the latch.

The socket is called an 8 mm Triple square socket. I bought a set of 4 at Tooland for $16 dollars (they were on sale).

This first picture shows the door interior off. Look at the details under the Door Micro-Switch DIY for removing this piece.

post-13642-126851979048_thumb.jpg

Here is the interior doorplate on.

post-13642-126851983644_thumb.jpg

Here is the doorplate off. You do not need to remove it completely.

post-13642-12685198661_thumb.jpg

You should now connect the battery to lift the window and dis-connect the battery. Reach into the door and remove two 10 mm nuts that hold the outside handle on. Also remove the two 8 mm Triple Square bolts that hold the latch on. With a lot of moving, the handle and the latch will come out of the door to work on. This picture shows the new latch connected to the existing door handle.

post-13642-126851988976_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture of the door handle removed.

post-13642-12685199126_thumb.jpg

Here is the old part.

post-13642-126852008868_thumb.jpg

I quickly connected the new part to the door handle and here is a detail on that connection.

post-13642-126852012942_thumb.jpg

Here is a close up of the old part where the door handle connection is made.

post-13642-126852015412_thumb.jpg

Put the handle back in and torque the two 8 mm triple square bolts to 15 ft-lbs. I put a few drops of lock tite on the bolts because they looked like they had some blue lock tite on them originally. When you tighten the two 10 mm nuts, make sure to hold on to the exterior handle. This picture shows the flush door handle.

post-13642-126852018157_thumb.jpg

This too is a relative hard job to do and I would not recommend it to some one who has not replaced a window in a car door. This task took me 1-½ hours to complete.

The good news is the door works like new!!! It is fixed.

Paul

Edited by PAULSPEED

• 5 years later...

I just had a situation whereby the window is fully up when the door is open and upon closing the window does not come down to clear the trim.  Durametric is 8006 Door Lock error.  I'm assuming that this is the door lock. Is the door lock is connected to the door handle?

update: I removed the inner panel and the lock assembly.  The failed part is a microswitch or the cam that operates the switch.  I attempted cleaning the contact area and checking for continuity changes at the pins but no luck.  The door lock assembly is a manufactured by Arvin Meritor, p/n 3D1-837-015-C.  $ 133 from sunset.  There are no tricks to report but I would strongly suggest using tape around the outer panel as to avoid scratching - in haste, I left this step out so I have minor scratches from the plastic prying tools....  

• 1 year later...

In my case it seems to be something mechanical, not (just) the micro switches. The white cable in nylon in the pic that triggers the door lock, doesn’t go all the way back. There’s something like a ¼” missing. Actually the handle inside is that loose as well. If you either push the handle or the cable, the window will go up those ¼”.

OezKue.jpg

I removed the door panel and foam inside and only lubricated the cable in both ends checking that it went back more smoothly but clearly not perfect so when I set up everything again, it was all the same with the loose handle, window not going all the way up and the two horns.

I did not disassemble the lock as you said that thin/strong fingers are required and I was not confident that I could get everything back in shape again (but the fact is that I was almost there!). Assuming that there’s at least some mechanical issue (maybe with the micros-witches as well) I was wondering if:

1// You recommend that I do disassemble the lock and either a) try to clean/grease any spring or lever in the lock if you think that’s going to help, or b) mount a new lock, that I assume is this http://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Inf...015-C-M100.htm or...

2// take it to the official dealer and assume the cost?

Any hint will be highly appreciated!

nope, but actually when I slipped out the white piece it was only hooked to the lock on the other end, so clearly is a spring or lever on the lock. Don't know if the issue is on the lock or iin this lever... $(KGrHqN,!okFCf+yY9FsBQwC-LZB3!~~60_35.J