Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

power wire in the trunk area

I have daylights running lights on my 99 by jumping into an empty slot on the fuse box in the cabin. I will take a picture tonight or see if I can find the link.

All I did is put a small jumper wire between two fuses, one empty one not, and viola, you got the headlights on with the ignition on.

Found it faster than I thought, courtesy of Toolpants. I could not find the connectors shown in the link, so just used a short (1.5" jumper wire from one location to the next. Works like a charm

http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/mods/drl/

I have daylights running lights on my 99 by jumping into an empty slot on the fuse box in the cabin. I will take a picture tonight or see if I can find the link.

All I did is put a small jumper wire between two fuses, one empty one not, and viola, you got the headlights on with the ignition on.

Found it faster than I thought, courtesy of Toolpants. I could not find the connectors shown in the link, so just used a short (1.5" jumper wire from one location to the next. Works like a charm

http://www.whiteson.org/boxster/mods/drl/

Awesome. Thanks a bunch.

I am a little confused.

Does that mean that the DRL is there just no power to it?

Wouldn't it be better if we just add a 12V source at the top leg of the fuse block and then put a fuse in the slot?

Is the A9 the one for DRL?

Edited by alexcwt

I really couldn't answer those, but all I can tell you is that connecting those two points with a jumper wire has worked for me for 25K miles, no problems.

And if you ever want to disconnect, just pull the wire out of one of the points and you are done. I do that sometimes in tracks to tape the headlights and protect from debris.

• 2 years later...
There is a white 21 pin connector next to the brake booster.

Hi ToolPants,

I was taking a look yesterday, but was unable to find this on my 02 boxster. I looked in the front trunk area, underneath the plastic covers on the side of the battery. Am I looking for this in the right place?

• Admin

Hi ToolPants,

I was taking a look yesterday, but was unable to find this on my 02 boxster. I looked in the front trunk area, underneath the plastic covers on the side of the battery. Am I looking for this in the right place?

Further forward in front of the brake fluid reservoir.

Hi ToolPants,

Oh okay, awesome... and then, how can I identify which wire is the correct one to wire up to the added on daytime running foglights? Just need a 12v pos and ground... I'm currently wired up to the sidemarkers, but would rather wire it up so that it comes on by itself with the ignition...

• Admin

Hi ToolPants,

Oh okay, awesome... and then, how can I identify which wire is the correct one to wire up to the added on daytime running foglights? Just need a 12v pos and ground... I'm currently wired up to the sidemarkers, but would rather wire it up so that it comes on by itself with the ignition...

You will need to look at the schematic for your specific model year.

Hi ToolPants,

You will need to look at the schematic for your specific model year.

:unsure: Hmmm... So I flipped through the Bentley book wiring schematics, but was unsure which schematic to look up? Can you please elaborate in detail in newbie terms? (It is for a 2002 Boxster 2.7 5spd)

:renntech:

Edited by chaudanova