Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Missing belly pan pieces?

I have a 2000 C2 cabriolet.

Among some other dealer services, I asked them to examine if I was missing any rearmost plastic underbody peices. They informed me for my model year, all appropriate componenets are in place. I have little reason to distrust their findings, but a few things trouble me:

When I look under the car it appears there are screw holes evident for further body panels that would attach and extend further rearward. As it is, the gearbox is entirely exposed (making fluid changes a breeze, but I recall a panel removal outlined described in the DIY FAQ posted here). The existing panels stop about 4 inches short of an aluminum lateral brace under the car.

Based on this description, does this sound appropriate? Are newer model years fitted with more underbody paneling? Should I just sneek peeks under similar cars when I encounter them in parking lots? The latter might get me in trouble......

Thanks in advance-

Andrew

The Transmission oil change instructions come from the Porsche Service Manual so perhaps some of the early cars had these covers.

Sounds like everything is there...

Underbody Covers (current cars)

underbody_covers.gif

So what you are asying is that early 1999 & very early 2000 models may have had these plates; however it does not mean that mine as a later 2000 build or subsequent models may have these plates.

Thanks for clearing that up.

The attached photo mirrors the setup i currently have........ok I have more faith in my dealer service now.

• 2 years later...

Loren,

Do you know where I can find the part numbers for the rear most panels? Specifically, the long skinny panel that extends across the car from just in front of the rear tires?

Also, the square panel that intersects that one?

Thanks

• Admin
Loren,

Do you know where I can find the part numbers for the rear most panels? Specifically, the long skinny panel that extends across the car from just in front of the rear tires?

Also, the square panel that intersects that one?

Thanks

C2 or C4?

and item numbers from below

post-2-1151699220_thumb.jpg