Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Pass. Window Malfunction on '02 C2 Cab

Sorry guys if this is not a new topic but I could not find it in the forum but I tried. The detailed problem description is as follows:

- When passenger door handle is opened (from either side), the window does not increment down as intended

- Manual use of the window switch has to be performed to prevent glass banging on cabrio trim when closing pass door

- Window motor is functional and will even stop at partial closed condition when door is opened (latched)

Other pertinent info:

- Was recently in body shop for unrelated damage to front fascia by GIANT Racoon

- When cabrio switch is used all window operations appears normal during cabrio retraction

- Noticed wet carpet on pass side rear footwell (may be related if Body Control module in vicinity) - plan to clear water path at rear wheel well as recommended from other posting :renntech:

- Already disconnected battery and reconnected to attempt to "hard-reset" any electronic control unit

- Ordered Durametric and will try to acquire any DTCs if arrives by this weekend

- When I pull on door handle, I hear a switch engage but no movement of the window

My questions are:

- What detects that the door is being opened that initiates the window retraction, where is it?

- What do I need to do to have access to this sensor to inspect and/or replace?

- Where is the Body control module that takes this input? Or is the there a Smart Module in the door that communicates to a body security module via CAN messages?

- Or am I SOL and need to take it to the dealer for $125/hr to troubleshoot?

I'm new so please take it easy on me......

Sounds like the microswitch in the door handle is bad.

I'm having same issue on a '99 C2 Coupe on drivers side. I can see it start to drop occasionaly but not consistently and only a few millimeters when handle opened. Passenger side drops roughly 1/4-3/8 inch. Good news (I think) rather than being an issue with the window motor. Is the microswitch replacement a DIY project? I'm reasonably handy and just put in B&M SSK this weekend with no difficulties.

Thanks,

Dave

Sounds like the microswitch in the door handle is bad.

Thanks Loren for the quick reply.

How do you get access to the microswitch?

I checked on the part at the dealer: $45USD It will take 3 days to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
I just went throught the exact same issue with the exact symptoms on a 2002 C4S. I think you have a bad window regulator. I paid about $500 installed.

Well, Ordered a microswitch from sunset porsche to fix the intermittent problem with drivers window but while waiting for it to ship, the window began making grinding noises then became stuck in up position and quit working entirely. I coughed up the bucks at my local dealership for a new window regulator ($220 + tax) thinking that may have been the entire problem. Well, just over 2 hours later, I had the regulators switched out (the old one had a cable that was snapped) and window works great including the drop down feature when handle is lifted! So I think the intermittent drop down malfunction was the initial sign of the bad regulator. Can't say that I enjoyed dropping the $ but had a great time with the DIY project and the $200-300 savings in labor. :renntech: