Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Airbag is ON!

I tried resetting the airbag with the durametric tool that I just bought for my 2002 boxster S 6speed

However, it wouldn't reset the codes.

The codes that it gave me were

1 Airbag Warning Light

3 Supply Voltage

195 Control Module Faulty

What do all these mean? I thought I just had the seatbelt error so I bought the contact cleaner and was ready to use it :(

• 2 months later...
I'm so tired of getting mine reset when there's nothing wrong with the airbag or any other part of the system that this time I'm just going to let the light burn until the bulb expires.

I went over to Hergesheimer and they used their big computer (PIWIS..?) to read the codes, airbag light was there...

since it wasnt the seatbelt error for the airbag they couldnt reset it for liability issues... although they could have with their tool.

With that said, someone is coming and checking my car out on Sunday to buy it and my durametric doesnt clear this airbag code!

Anyone know what I can do???

Anyone have one of those PIWIS or PST2 computers in southern california..

Burnout the bulb??

• Admin
I'm so tired of getting mine reset when there's nothing wrong with the airbag or any other part of the system that this time I'm just going to let the light burn until the bulb expires.

I went over to Hergesheimer and they used their big computer (PIWIS..?) to read the codes, airbag light was there...

since it wasnt the seatbelt error for the airbag they couldnt reset it for liability issues... although they could have with their tool.

With that said, someone is coming and checking my car out on Sunday to buy it and my durametric doesnt clear this airbag code!

Burnout the bulb??

If they looked at it with a PIWIS or PST2 then they saw the fault code. What is the fault code(s)?

Burnout the bulb??

If they looked at it with a PIWIS or PST2 then they saw the fault code. What is the fault code(s)?

They said its some sensor or wiring that is probably in the trunk, but they have to do some searching to find out what's causing it. They basically couldve cleared the code but didnt want to for "liability" reasons.. they quoted me 300 bux to check it out and see what the problem is ....

What should I do.........

• Admin

Fault 1

Possible cause of fault

- Faulty fuse

- Airbag warning light faulty (no bulb, cannot be exchanged)

- Short circuit to B+/ground or open circuit in the wiring between the instrument cluster and the airbag triggering unit

Fault 3

Possible cause of fault

- Low battery positive voltage

(this is fairly common if the battery has been recently disconnected).

Fault 195

Fault codes above 100

Possible cause of fault

- Airbag triggering unit faulty

Check the voltage supply (battery and charging circuit) before replacing any control module.

What should I check out first??

Battery has been replaced by me over a year ago when I originally bought it from an auction.

The airbag warning light has always been on.. I've never seen it go off.

Faulty fuse maybe? I tried checking the fuse box next to the clutch pedal.. I really couldn't find anything that dealt with the airbag.. anywhere else to check for fuses?

Voltage supply? Should I check for that still even with this new battery.. if so.. how do I check for the voltage supply?

Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Hey guys, having a similar problem with my 2002 996TT. Sat in the shop for a few weeks and now airbag light (same codes). Durametric will not clear them... Anyone figure this out yet?

Your exact fault codes please?

Exact same as top of the post:

3 Supply Voltage

So if the module mysteriously went bad while setting, what module is it? Part number would be handy - looked through the catalog and nothing...

Thanks!

Chad

Edited by raineycd

• Admin

Hey guys, having a similar problem with my 2002 996TT. Sat in the shop for a few weeks and now airbag light (same codes). Durametric will not clear them... Anyone figure this out yet?

Your exact fault codes please?

Exact same as top of the post:

3 Supply Voltage

Thanks!

Fault codes above 100

Possible cause of fault

- Triggering unit for airbag faulty

Note: Fault codes 100 and higher are internal control module faults. The stored faults cannot be erased.

Looks like a bad control module.

Fault codes above 100

Possible cause of fault

Note: Fault codes 100 and higher are internal control module faults. The stored faults cannot be erased.

I looked through the parts catalog, but could not locate this module. Any idea what it is called, where it is, and a part number?

Thanks!!!

Chad

• Admin

Fault codes above 100

Possible cause of fault

I looked through the parts catalog, but could not locate this module. Any idea what it is called, where it is, and a part number?

Thanks!!!

Chad

If this is a US/Canada 2002 996TT then you need:

99.661.821.902 Switch Unit -- US MSRP $637.59 -- try Sunset Imports (Porsche parts at Dealer Cost) for better pricing.

This control unit controls the driver, passenger and side airbags for that year.

Fault codes above 100

Possible cause of fault

Thanks!!!

Chad

If this is a US/Canada 2002 996TT then you need:

99.661.821.902 Switch Unit -- US MSRP $637.59 -- try Sunset Imports (Porsche parts at Dealer Cost) for better pricing.

This control unit controls the driver, passenger and side airbags for that year.

Thanks Loren!!!