Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Body Shop suggestions CA Bay Area?

benaslan

So, I had the unfortunate incident of having a nice old lady think i started moving when I didn't... Doesn't look like there's any damage other than a small mark on the bumper cover, but I obviously want it to look just like it did a few hours ago. Anyone have any good experiences with body shops around this area?

Thanks in advance

So, I had the unfortunate incident of having a nice old lady think i started moving when I didn't... Doesn't look like there's any damage other than a small mark on the bumper cover, but I obviously want it to look just like it did a few hours ago. Anyone have any good experiences with body shops around this area?

Thanks in advance

Sorry to hear about your accident. Someone scuffed my bumper a week ago :-(. Check out Brooks Motor Cars in Oakland, near the airoprt. 510.632.5476, Dan is the owner. They are a very high end shop, so it may cost a little more $$, but if your insurance is covering it, I highly recommend them.

I've heard very good things about Cecil's shop as well. Since you are in Los Gatos, you may want to drop by the Los Gatos Acura bodyshop - they are the preferred bodyshop for Stevens Creek Porsche.

Yeah, the whole Acura-Porsche thing doesn't really make sense to me and I don't see how they can do the same quality. Neither of the two have agreements with my insurance, so I thing I'm going with the Bodystyle recommendation, and thanks to all who gave input. I went by there today and he seemed to know what he was doing and he uses Glasurit paint which I happen to think is top quality. The shop State Farm wanted me to go to uses R&M paint...what the hell is that? Never heard of it and I have some body shop experience from my step dad's previous business of owning a shop.

He even agreed to paint the bumperettes and I don't think he's charging me any extra for that.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out. SHould be a couple weeks though before I take it in.

Ben

• Moderators

Penske now owns Stevens Creek Porsche and also owns Los Gatos Acura.

Before then Stevens Creek use to use Anderson-Behel Body Shop in Santa Clara. Before Penske, Lee Behel owned Stevens Creek, but never had an interest in Anderson-Behel Body Shop. It is actually owned by Dave Mello. Years ago one of the old timers told me the story as to why the body shop was able to use the name, but I do not remember the details.

At one period of time when Behel owned Stevens Creek they were using German Auto Body.

At one period of time when Behel owned Stevens Creek they were using German Auto Body.

Yeah, the exact same thing happened with my Audi TT a few years ago and I took it to German Auto Body. They did great work, but the fact that they put my emblems on the wrong side of the car kinda left a sour taste in my mouth... but other than that the work looked great.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, so just a final update...

I had some difficulty coordinating what the insurance was going to pay with what Cecil was asking, but we eventually got it close enough to work out well enough for me to be okay with it. I got the car back last week, and it looks fantastic. Cecil even painted my bumper guards for me at the same time as the bumper. Car looks great!

I'm glad to have it back as I was going through withdrawals!!!

-Ben