Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

New Help with Updated clutch release lever

I got the parts in for the updated version of the clutch release lever and based on some pics that I've seen thru this site, I'm not sure I've got all the right parts. I'm not sure if the metal clip that I have is correct, if so, I'm struggling with how the assy goes together. Any help would be much appreciated. See pic below for details.

Thanks

Keith

post-26131-1211044023_thumb.jpg

I got the parts in for the updated version of the clutch release lever and based on some pics that I've seen thru this site, I'm not sure I've got all the right parts. I'm not sure if the metal clip that I have is correct, if so, I'm struggling with how the assy goes together. Any help would be much appreciated. See pic below for details.

Thanks

Keith

Anybody???... In talking with Sunset, it seems all of the part numbers are correct, but the picture they sent me from the PET shows a different clamp that what I have...

Thanks

Keith

Anybody???... In talking with Sunset, it seems all of the part numbers are correct, but the picture they sent me from the PET shows a different clamp that what I have...

Mine is a 2000 year 996 but, check out site when I did mine, it has pictures but not much explanation. I did not like the way they did the clip either but modified to where I felt it would stay on. After installing parts on the lever it just pushes on. Hope this helps.

http://www.webbspot.com/porsche/html/tranny-eng.html

Edited by Mother

Thanks

Keith

Mine is a 2000 year 996 but, check out site when I did mine, it has pictures but not much explanation. I did not like the way they did the clip either but modified to where I felt it would stay on. After installing parts on the lever it just pushes on. Hope this helps.

Mother,

Thanks for the input, I had already looked at your pics which is part of the reason why I feel I have the wrong clamp. The one that you show is the correct part (not sure what you had to modify).

Thanks

Keith

Mother,

Thanks for the input, I had already looked at your pics which is part of the reason why I feel I have the wrong clamp. The one that you show is the correct part (not sure what you had to modify).

You are right the clip seems wrong I cannot see how yours even holds the rubber piece in place, I bent my clip (hooked ends down) and around so it could not slip out or off of the grooved area on the arm. The rubber bushing kept wanting to push the clip off was the problem. If you have a dealer nearby take it to them to have a look or even use the older style clip. It is a bad design to me adding a clip when one is not needed to hold the rubber in place. My 2 cents. Let us know what you find out. Edited by Mother

Got the right part in...turned out the part that I originally received was in the correct bag (right part number on the bag, just the wrong part). The clip on the right in the picture below is the wrong one...no clue what that ones for...

post-26131-1211507137_thumb.jpg

The complete assembly

post-26131-1211507175_thumb.jpg

And my plans for this 3 day weekend include:

post-26131-1211507262_thumb.jpg

Got the right part in...turned out the part that I originally received was in the correct bag (right part number on the bag, just the wrong part). The clip on the right in the picture below is the wrong one...no clue what that ones for...

And my plans for this 3 day weekend include:

post-26131-1211507262_thumb.jpg

New Porsche ear ring I guess. Great job and nice pictures also. GL Edited by Mother