Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aero GTR Front Bumper & GT3 RS Rockers

Hey Guys,

I finally got a bodykit for my 986 Boxster. Yippee! It's not painted yet but it looks really awesome and am extremely happy with the fit and finish of it. Anyhow, here is a first look before paint goes on this coming week. I will make a couple small changes to the headlight covers. The bumper is beautiful but I think my headlight covers is a bit too much for the look I want to go for and kind of takes the attention away from the over all look of the car. So those are going to be painted Biarritz white to match the car. Other than that, the front grills will be painted black. I did a mock up to see how it would look. I think I like it.

Sorry about the photoshop skills or lack there of, just trying to get a basic feel of how the headlight covers would look white and the grills properly painted black.

1st pic is of how it is currenlty, 2nd pic is the white covers photoshopped on and 3rd pic is the previous bumper and no rockers.

post-25824-1233461765_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1233461778_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1233462042_thumb.jpg

Hi Trieullionaire,

Tell us more about the Aero Body Kit, Where did you purchase? How much? How about the install. Looks great!

Yes it is the Fiberwerks Aero GTR bumper and their GT3 RS side skirts. This is my second purchase from them, a year ago I bought the Daytona II Boxster Aerowing. The reason I decided to go with Fiberwerks again was actually for several reasons. They were at the Parade of Porsche held by Suncoast Porsche of Sarasota, and that was by far one of the most eye catching 911 at the event. It's hard to really see from the picture I posted but seen in real life the thing looks phenomenal. Other than that, I've done my homework already regarding the polyurethane vs fiberglass reinforced resins. Personally, in my experience there is no wrong way of making a part just wrong folks making parts. Poorly made polyurethane parts, you get wobbles and sometimes it doesn't keep it's form...poorly made fiberglass reinforced resins you get spider cracks and so on. My recommendation before buying any aero components regardless of vendors is to ask the hard questions before you spend good money, and if you found people that have installed any particular body kit you like pm them first and asked them questions. In my situation, I had very positive experience with Fiberwerks already but I decided anyways to have a very lengthy conversation with Karl (the owner) since it cost a little bit more :D than just a rear wing spoiler. A few things he had mentioned really stuck out and I knew he be the place of choice for me.

As for the install, I live not too far from their shop, so Karl was kind enough to have it installed for me. Absolutely amazing, the bumper and rockers fits like a glove. I got to watch the entire install which made me really appreciate the amount of craftsmanship built into the parts Fiberwerks produces. It took about 2 weeks for them to make the rockers and the bumper. But when it came on, wow, I think Porsche themselves would be very impressed with the fitment, no hack job or goofy tricks to make it fit, it just fits. The other cool thing is that, I get to upgrade the side markers to the 997 clear side markers (which I am totally for), looks very sharp with the updated bumper.

Drove it back same day (last Friday). I wanted to have the bumpers and all painted locally, so got that rolling today. The parts are being painted and matched to my Boxster and will be ready to pick up on Wednesday morning. I will have updates soon...this is probably one of the biggest make overs my car has seen since the 19in miro wheels, and am pretty excited about sharing the new look of my 986er.

Here is the first few takes of the new body kit on the car painted. I know it runs the same and all, but it does feel special now to me at least. I am very happy with how everything turned out. I even winded up finishing the car off with painted rear covers for the black rubber bumpers.

Once I get my car cleaned up, I'll do a summary mod of all the things we've done thus far to my 986er. It's come a long ways from when I first purchased it.

post-25824-1234217300_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234217313_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234217325_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234217337_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234217358_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234217370_thumb.jpg

Have you had it on the track since you added the aero front end? I'm curious to know if it has had any effect on the balance.

Regardless - it looks bada**.

Hey Eric,

From what I understand about the GT3 bumper with the top grill, and the lower lip spoiler is that they're all designed to create improved downforce for the vehicle. The Fiberwerks Aero GTR is based on the factory specs so I'm sure much of the same principals apply if I had to take a guess. But as for me, I haven't tracked the car before so I quite honestly don't know first hand the performance and effects on the balance of the vehicle. That's one of my dream one day though is to experience what track driving is like, we went to watch some of the guys down at Sebring over the weekend and it was pretty awesome to see these cars around turns. Wow!

Thanks for the compliment, I think it is coming along quite nicely.

Hey guys,

Here is a few more black & white pics taken in the shade. My car's luster is often lost in intense sunlight...sometimes makes me wish I opted for a black car instead, when kept up they look so shiny and new. Anyhow, I think it is official...this car has now been more photographed than I have in my years of existence. Enjoy!

By the way, Fiberwerks just posted a body kit special for the 986 Boxster, they have some pics of my car posted...considering all of my aero components have come from their shop with the exception of the rear diffusers I guess it was a good choice on their part :P I got my spoiler from them early last year and I guess it is included in the special they're running currently for the Boxster, so it's a pretty sweet deal. I can't complain though, Karl's done quite a bit for me with this most recent purchase especially with the extra time he put into installing the body kit for me...so I'm appreciative if anything. Anyone interested in their aero components, I would recommend it in a heartbeat...definitely raises the cool factors quite a few notches for the good'ol box and the fitment is superb.

http://fiberwerks.com/boxster_specials.htm

post-25824-1234415312_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234415322_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234415333_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234415344_thumb.jpg

post-25824-1234415352_thumb.jpg

Edited by trieullionaire

I know Karl Lawley (owner of Fiberwerks) personally and have purchased a body kit for my 99 Boxster from him. I visit his shop often and watch how much care he takes while making the parts. He is so careful and meticulus that he actually has more time spent on each item that he can realistically even sell them for but his prices are low compared to competitors and his parts are far better. They actually fit without a lot of work at the bodyshop. A person who is handy with basic tools and has some degree of mechanical ability could easily install all of his parts themselves. Karl is a great guy and will go way out of his way to help you both before and after the sale unlike many others so if you are interested in a body kit or maybe just a spoiler or rocker panels please check out his website at www.fiberwerks.com. I also have a section on my website with the before and after pictures of the rebuild of my car. My site is www.petersonsoftwaresystems.com. BTW If you are interested and you contact me I can talk to Karl and probably get you a very good price on any of his items. Thank you very much, Jerry Peterson

• 3 weeks later...

Repost from 986forum...

Hey guys,

We have offered to assist Fiberwerks with some of the interior upgrades to spiff up a rebuild project they have underway. Karl wants to chronicle the rebuild of a 986 w/ a blown engine and completely upgrade everything from body to interior to an upgraded 996 3.4 engine. They are looking for additional sponsors btw, at any rate it should be pretty interesting to see how it all comes together.

Their article: http://www.fiberwerks.com/boxster_article.htm

Anyhow, I thought this was pretty awesome. I had sent Fiberwerks photos of my vehicle which as you all know is white, and they must of had a graphic artist or an ad agency put something together that was more main stream. Karl sent me couple of these postcard ads this morning. I thought it was pretty cool, especially with the gun powder looking rims.

Edited by trieullionaire

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I have to say you have created one of the coolest Boxters I have seen. The body kit is awesome and I love the white! Congratulations it looks outstanding!

Edited by phillipj

trieullionaire

Please limit the "advertising" of your companies partners.

Loren,

Your the admin - and I realize you have your reasons and I respect that. Let me be clear though, we don't have a partnership with them. I did offer to help them out with some interior upgrades for a rebuild project they are planning on doing and it is simply my way of thanking Karl. My point is, we have no affiliations with Fiberwerks nor do we have any financial interests in "advertising" for them.

Like Jerry, I'm a customer of Fiberwerks and I sincerely believe they have something of value to offer to the Porsche community. Loren, they are more than just a company, they are good people that do honest work, and their products are stellar. My hope is that others will get a chance to appreciate some of Karl's creations and I would vouch on his behalf any day. But just to set the record straight, they are not my company's partner(s). Thanks.

• Admin
trieullionaire

Loren,

Your the admin - and I realize you have your reasons and I respect that. Let me be clear though, we don't have a partnership with them. I did offer to help them out with some interior upgrades for a rebuild project they are planning on doing and it is simply my way of thanking Karl. My point is, we have no affiliations with Fiberwerks nor do we have any financial interests in "advertising" for them.

Like Jerry, I'm a customer of Fiberwerks and I sincerely believe they have something of value to offer to the Porsche community. Loren, they are more than just a company, they are good people that do honest work, and their products are stellar. My hope is that others will get a chance to appreciate some of Karl's creations and I would vouch on his behalf any day. But just to set the record straight, they are not my company's partner(s). Thanks.

Ok, just don't overdo it. You are welcome to recommend folks here -- but you also sell something and this board has a strict policy about no commercial posting.

You got it Loren! We will focus only on selling our own stuff on the forum :D . Just kidding, what I meant to say is we will respect your request and keep it toned down. Have a good weekend.

trieullionaire

Loren,

Ok, just don't overdo it. You are welcome to recommend folks here -- but you also sell something and this board has a strict policy about no commercial posting.

Dear Forum, I agree with trieullionaire 100% about his comment concerning Karl from Fiberwerks being a genuine assest to the Porsche Community. He has a vast knowledge about things like Body Kits and he will gladly help anyone that has any questions concerning such whether or not they even purchased their kit from him. In my opinion, installing a Body Kit especially on a Porsche, is very difficult if you get the product from a company that simply sends you a piece of fiberglass that needs an expert body man to make it fit that also probably cost more to begin with than a product from Karl. His products need very little work to install and he even offers free installation on most kits and parts to anyone who makes a purchase and then comes to his shop. So I think this alone is of great help to anyone considering buying a Body Kit - they should decide ahead of time if they wan't to install it at home or pay a small fortune for a professional body shop to install a kit that is of lesser quality. This would save any Porsche owner a lot of money and I think this should be posted in the interest of helping the Porsche Community which is the basis of this Forum in the first place.

• Admin

I think you are missing my point.

I do not have a problem with folks recommending good companies - but when companies recommend companies - it looks a lot like self promotion (or coop promotion).

This is a non-commercial site - there is no advertising here and people are not allowed to promote their products or services here - unless responding to questions.

The board rules clearly state "No commercial posting, signatures, or profile statements (including images) are allowed. Please understand "advertisements" will be either edited or deleted, as it's neither "fair" to those who support this site - nor "us", the RennTech.org community.".

And, I ask that folks respect the rules.

There are plenty of "other" Porsche sites out there that have plenty advertising by both reputable and non-reputable companies.

Renntech.org strives to be a step above all that.

Dear Loren, thank you for clearing up this matter. This Forum is considered to be one of the best especially for in-depth knowledge of Porsche's and that is why I made the Comments because I still fell that Porsche owners should be informed if someone knows something they might not know and could cost them a lot of wasted money and time, and be made aware of what it is so they can make an informed decision about spending their money and a Forum like this is a good place to educate people who might not understand the differences between some products and others. I also feel that if someone knows of a company that sells junk products and/or is not a true enthusiast and has the best interests of Porsche owners at heart that they should be exposed or at the very least allow members to post comments about such a company as long as they are not directly selling anyone's products so the evaluations will be somewhat fair. Thank you for you time and understanding in this matter, Jerry

You got it Loren! We will focus only on selling our own stuff on the forum :D . Just kidding, what I meant to say is we will respect your request and keep it toned down. Have a good weekend.

trieullionaire

Loren,

Good catch loren...I've seen these pictures everywhere...On ebay...The same photos and the same stories...Then when they get their attention, of course they'll ask where they got them, and how much it cost..And then they mention their website...It's a 100% advertisement...

Edited by Loren
Removed ALL CAPS - please do not post in ALL CAPS