Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

TT or C4S look on an 02 C2 cab

Hello to all Pcar owners, I'm a newbie to this forum and so far I've learned so much from all. I bought my 02 C2 cab about 4 months ago and so far this car has been a joy. I was hoping that someone has the experience with this topic and can shine some lights for this newbie. I love the look of the TT and C4S front and back end and would like to convert the bumber covers to have this look. I know the front cover of the TT will fit the C2 but not sure if the rear cover will as the C4s and TT look like it is a bit wider then the C2. Greatly appreciate all comments.

Lee

You are correct. The front TT bumper cover will fit the 02 C2/4 996. The factory rear TT WILL fit the narrowbody 996 C2/4 with this exception: THe sides will match perfectly but as the bumper cover begins to round toward the rear it will fit tight, but not flush. I had the conversion done and the rear TT cover extends about 3/16" from the base. I'll try and show with these pics. Of course with the rear conversion you will need new exhaust tips and you will have to mod the tailpipe so it will fit the TT openings which are about 4+ inches closer together than the stock C2. There are aftermarket "Turbo look" rear bumpers, but at the time they were only made of fiberglass and I wanted the factory poly material. Be aware that there are other bits and pieces you may need and I can't be of much help with that or with the actual installation since I had it done by a restoration shop. Hope this helps.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Thnx Don, this is the exact look I'm after. By the way, what a beautiful job you have done to ur CAB. Maybe some day soon mine will be like that. If I may ask, when you said extended about 3/16 of an inch do you mean the actual bumber extended forward toward the rear wheel or extend to the rear leaving a gap of 3/16 after the engine lid? And how much did this conversion cost total? I'm wondering this is why on the C4S they added the reflector lens to hide that extra gap. Thnx again Don.

Sorry I didn't get back to you yesterday. I don't think the red reflector has anything to do with covering an otherwise poor fit because the C4S is a widebody to begin with, while the C2/4 is a narrowbody.

I don't have my records here on the Cape, but as I recall the front used TT bumper was $500 and the painting and installation another $500. I saved money because the shop that did the swap had both cars there 'cause the guy I bought the TT bumper from was having a GT2 front installed at the same time.

I bought the rear TT bumper from Gert at www.carnewal.com and sold my stock rear bumper to Joel Reiser for his race car. I paid around $1300 as I recall so it cost me about $750 net for the TT bumper. I bought new TT tips for $620.00. The installation and paainting as I recall was about another $1000 because he had to re-work the exhaust pipes to fit the new openings. Here are some pics that might help explain. Hope this all helps.

Don

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

If you look at this image you can see hat the cover is flush with the engine deck lid.

standard.jpg

Here is a shot of how much the bumper is larger than the body. It's not that it a poor fit. It's tight,but it's just a fractionof an inch larger, but is again flush across the rear deck. That's about the best way I can explain it.

If you could see the car in person you probably would not even notice it if you weren't looking for it.

I understand there is a supplier that offers a turbo "look" rear bumper with the tailpipe outlets the same as the stock outlets. In other words you wouldn't have to change the tailpipes, or the exhaust tips. That might be your least expensive cost. At the time I had mine done the C4S hadn't even come out yet. My 02 was a 10/1 build date and I got the car in Nov 1. As you know there is much more of a variety of turbo look; GT2; GT3; TT bumpers on the market today.

Good luck

Don

standard.jpg

Thnx Don, at least now I know what up ahead for this project. I was also tempted to have the rear qtr panel change out to the TT rear qtr panel but deep inside I know it will always be a C2. And with all these could add up to the price of a TT. Thnx again for the detailed pix. By the way, where do you live that you need mud flaps on the rear?

post-6160-1127883428_thumb.jpg

Glad to help. Like your car (you ought to consider yellow gauges :)

We live on Cape Cod in summer and Naples FL in the winter and have driven the Cab back and forth a couple of times...thus the mudflaps. Otherwise we wouldn't have them.

I was thinking the same thing about getting a used TT in place of mine at some point, if I can find the right one. I'm actually getting tired of mine. It is almost too modded at this point (you haven't seen the inside), and if the cost differential isn't too great.