Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) Alu Look vs. Arctic Silver

Is the Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) available only arctic silver, or can it be ordered in the Alu Look for a MY2003? I have Alu Look in most of my interior, and I was told by the dealer that the Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) can only be ordered in arctic silver, if you like a silver look to your Upper Center Console (Horseshoe).

I just received an arctic silver Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) but I am not sure I will install it b/c it's color is a bit different from the Alu Look. BTW, the exterior color of my car is arctic silver.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Mike

Is the Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) available only arctic silver, or can it be ordered in the Alu Look for a MY2003? I have Alu Look in most of my interior, and I was told by the dealer that the Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) can only be ordered in arctic silver, if you like a silver look to your Upper Center Console (Horseshoe).

I just received an arctic silver Upper Center Console (Horseshoe) but I am not sure I will install it b/c it's color is a bit different from the Alu Look. BTW, the exterior color of my car is arctic silver.

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Mike

We produce both finishes. Until the '02-ish time frame, alumalook from Porsche WAS Arctic Silver. Then they lightened the tone and beefed up the metallic flake content. We produce exact matched alumalook in nearly all the trim.

Where did the Arctic one come from?

What else in the car is Alumalook?

If you look at the alum/leather shifter/brake, that is true alumalook. Take a look at our Gallery page for a full blown aluma interior we did recently, and you will see why it is different from Arctic.

Email me anytime: eric@bumperplugs.com

Anybody know?

Thanks,

Mike

We produce both finishes. Until the '02-ish time frame, alumalook from Porsche WAS Arctic Silver. Then they lightened the tone and beefed up the metallic flake content. We produce exact matched alumalook in nearly all the trim.

Where did the Arctic one come from?

What else in the car is Alumalook?

If you look at the alum/leather shifter/brake, that is true alumalook. Take a look at our Gallery page for a full blown aluma interior we did recently, and you will see why it is different from Arctic.

Email me anytime: eric@bumperplugs.com

I purchased the Arctic horseshoe from Jeff at Sunset Porsche. According to Jeff, the horseshoe only is available in Arctic silver, not Alu Look for 2003-2004 MY.

I have the center console, door pockets, and side pocket doors in Alu Look finish. I looked at your gallery, and the horseshoe looks like my Arctic horseshoe. I know that it's hard to tell by the photo if the paint is the same.

I am just not sure how it will look with the other Alu Look pieces. Can that piece be ordered in Alu Look from Porsche? Do you might think that it would look strange with only the Arctic horseshoe?

Thanks Eric!

Edited by mffarrell

I suggest you go to www.carnewal.com. Under interior, P96, you will find the upper center console piece (the horseshoe) in aluminum finish.

I too have upgraded many parts of my interior to the aluminum finish (rear center console, door pulls, side and center air vents, aluminum dash trim strip. Hope this helps!

Ron.

I suggest you go to www.carnewal.com. Under interior, P96, you will find the upper center console piece (the horseshoe) in aluminum finish.

I too have upgraded many parts of my interior to the aluminum finish (rear center console, door pulls, side and center air vents, aluminum dash trim strip. Hope this helps!

Ron.

Thanks Ron, I will check with Gert, but I am still wondering if there is a Porsche P/N and can be ordered locally?

Anybody know the answer, if so do you have a P/N?

Thanks

According to my PET, which is about 1.5 year old now, the trim piece you're after comes in laquered black, graphite grey, savana, metropol blue, nephrite green, boxster red, cinnamon brown, and arctic silver. It is also available in leather (many matching interior colors), dark and light rootwood, and carbon fiber.

Aluminum look is not listed.

The part number for the arctic silver trim/surround ("horseshoe" style for 2003-up) is 996.552.967.13

It may be telling that alumimum look is listed for the center vent assembly. Both arctic silver and aluminum look are listed for the side vents. I think these are for the slats and thumbwheels only.

--Brian

Edited by Q-Ship986

According to my PET, which is about 1.5 year old now, the trim piece you're after comes in laquered black, graphite grey, savana, metropol blue, nephrite green, boxster red, cinnamon brown, and arctic silver. It is also available in leather (many matching interior colors), dark and light rootwood, and carbon fiber.

Aluminum look is not listed.

The part number for the arctic silver trim/surround ("horseshoe" style for 2003-up) is 996.552.967.13

It may be telling that alumimum look is listed for the center vent assembly. Both arctic silver and aluminum look are listed for the side vents. I think these are for the slats and thumbwheels only.

--Brian

Thanks Brian!