Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

4 piece aluminum door install

Hope this is the right place to post.

I want to thank you Loren for all the neat tips. For easy install:

time required: approx 1-2 hrs depending on how comfortable you are with modding your car.

tools required:

1. torx 10 socket and screwdriver. Some areas are fairly tight and require an end piece that will fit a 1/4 inch socket or monkey wrench

2. 1/4 inch drive with 1/4 inch socket

3. 1/4 inch monkey wrench

4. optional: phillips screwdriver

1. refer to the instructions on door panel removal; the diagrams are very helpful.

2. to remove the door handle, i recommend lifting the storage lid on the door first and then gently prying the panel off as seen in the diagram. It was fairly firmly placed in my car, but persistent and gentle nudging resulted in popping off the whole piece.

3. to remove the lid from the door storage container, the lid must be open. Use the torx wrench/screwdriver to remove approx 12 bolts. Some screws are seated in very tight areas that only give you 1-2 inches of play so a socket with a torx 10 is the only way to go here. The lid will lift right off.

4. Optional. My original storage lid contained a small nick near the center of the piece where it abuts the door panel. This was due to a plastic phillips screw which is designed to hold the door panel in place. since I was concerned that this would scratch the aluminum piece, I removed the screws before installing the new parts. I found no looseness or lack of integrety of the door panel. Too soon to tell if it will rattle but worth the risk. I did not want to scratch up my new aluminum trim.

5. The door handle piece is easily aligned and presses in nicely for a firm fit.

6. The storage container lid is also easily replaced however there are two things to be careful with. 1) the new piece is plastic, same as the old, and you need to thread the screws, so try and keep the alignment at a 90 degree angle when starting them so when they're tight, they sit flush. 2) since your dealing with plastic be careful not to tighten them too tight as you can easily strip the thread.

good luck :D :D :D