Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Top Online Parts

Newbie today on the list but will not take ownership of our low mileage 1997 until next week. Doing the research and checking the archieves. One piece of info that is not "jumping" out at me is a list of recomended online parts vendors. I'm sure like my Saab counterparts there is one or two vendors who stand out in the crowd for price, stocking and delivery.

Anyone care to mention a few names and links or point me to a thread that has discussed this many times.

I'm planning on getting the Bentley and laptop Diagonistc Scan Tool soon after delivery as I'm a good DIY but green to Porsche. The boxster has me a bit scared due to access but I do have a garage pit at work and a "bitchen set of tools"...

One newbie question that I have not seen in my searching. Other then fluids is there ANY access to the engine from the top or rear boot via removing a panel or is all done from below?

Thanks!

Shawn Feller

Ohio

www.carboncow.com

• Admin

You can order the Bentley Boxster manual from here and help support RennTech.org.

RennTech.org items on Amazon

Also check out Sunset Imports for parts. They sell at dealer cost plus 15%. I doubt you will find any better deal on genuine Porsche parts. Porsche Parts at Dealer cost

Yes, check your owners manual for instruction of how to put the top in service position and also how to remove the engine cover(s).

:welcome:

Thanks Loren. Already have check out the Bentley and a few other "fun" books we'll order when we take delivery. Hopefully you guys get a fair cut from the referal. Hope to DONATE to once we got all the expenses and delivery out of the way...I have a feeling I won't be able to live without this list or the Bentley.

Any of the Mitchell CDs or Porsche (offical) parts list CDs worth the $10-20 on ebay they go for?

Where can I find PDF of offical manuals as the owner said he cannot find the one for the car.

If they are the best and cheapest on parts...that is where I'll be ordering.

Shawn

• Admin
Any of the Mitchell CDs or Porsche (offical) parts list CDs worth the $10-20 on ebay they go for?
You can get free parts lists from Porsche by going to our Links page and following the Porsche documentation link here.

You can also buy manuals there but they are pretty expensive ($110 per section or $5200.00 per year subscription). The Bentley manual should have most of what you need IMHO.

Porsche did not start making PDFs of owners manuals until MY2002. So, if there is a PDF of an older car out there then someone had to make a scan.