Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Litronics look yellow

Just had a new pair of litronics installed and they seem yellow. My old ones were a nice white/purple. Do they require a few hours of use? I know the aim is off because they only light up about 10-12 feet in front of the car. I will aim them using instructions in the manual, but does the dealer do anything special that I can't do? Also I notice 2 stray beams of light that aim high into the night, but when parked 5 feet from a wall the cut off looked normal. Is this normal? I'll try to take a picture tonight just in case this made no sense. <_<

Here is a picture of my new Litronics. Don't look so Litronic too me. :(

Thats because they are not litronic. Thats a halogen bulb. HID light simply doesn't look like that. Pull out the bulb and take a picture of it. The headlight looks exatly like the litronic headlight with the projector etc, but it seems like they put a halogen bulb in it or something. That could explain why the light is only 10 ft in front of the car because the halogen light bulb in your lights is not on the right spot on the projector and it's not shining correctly.

If you do really have a litronic bulb and ballast there, something is wrong with it causing it to burn very dimly giving it that yellow color. Honestly, I say NO WAY thats an HID bulb. The headlight and fog light are the same color, the fog is halogen for sure so the headlight should look nothing like it. That a halogen bulb in an HID projector giving off crappy lighting because its not correct, and that color.. Don't take that 100% cause one picture is hard to tell, but really...

Pull the head light out and see if there is a ballast on the back of it, and if so, open up the back of the light pull out the bulb and see which it is, take a pic and post it if you can.

Do they look like my OEM Halogen bulb on the left or my HID bulb on the right?

phid05.jpg

My halogens

http://www.etdracing.com/jim/phid12.jpg

My HID's.

http://www.etdracing.com/jim/phid11.jpg

Obviously no OEM, but your lights look exactly like my halogens color... Where did you buy these and how much btw?

Edited by 986Jim

Thanks for the feedback. I have already checked and it is an HID bulb. The ballast is intact and was very hot when I removed the headlamp assembly ( so I know it works ). Last night the beam looked more blue/white than in the pic I posted. Last night I happened to see another Boxster with Litronics and they looked more purple. I could tell my headlights lit up more of the road than the cars next too me at a red light. I think the kelvin rating of my bulbs are too low. I plan too buy high rated ones today.

Hey guys, I have been trying to adjust the aim on my Litronics but can't seem to get it right. I adjusted the beam up all the way to it s max point ( housing became very loose inside ) and it still only aimmed the light up about 2 inches. When parked 7.5m (per the book) the light just does touch the bottom of the wall. :( When adjusted back to the "0" hash mark( housing became firm again ) it does not touch the wall. Am I doing something wrong? I have yet to hook up the low/high control module. Could that be causing my problem? I never had it hooked up on my old set up. :censored: