Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

NEEDS help*..loud clicking noise from rear end...

guys, i m new to the board but i have been lurking on here for awhile, beofre and ofcourse after i got my box...around 3 months ago..,

here are some of my issues, \\

load and annoying clicking noise...sorta like the clicking noise when u spin the wheel from "wheel of fortune"....game show...when i press the throttle..my first guess was that the cat's "honey comb" is coming loose....but have yet to verify, last time i brougt my car to the deal, becuase my 5th cylinder was misfiring, i had them check it out, they told me it was the cat.....still i am still not sure, if it is...i am just going to get the fabspeed cat deletes and that would fix my problem...

but i hope to get some more info beofre i do that..

2nd issue.....I THINK I HAVE THE DREADED RMS LEAK!!...

last night i noitce oil spots in my garage floor.....can and i see it, on the underside of my engine as well...can anyone post a pic of where it really is suppsoe to be coming from?..

how hard is the seal change if i was looking to do a DIY on it?

ohh...btw...its a 01 Box base, with 160,000KM on it......

i have also notice break fade...u guyz would suggest a full flush? and fulid change?

i have no idea what has been done to the car maintenace wise.....but i was "told" it was service at my local p-dealer, i managedd to pull up a list,.....fromthe dealer but i did not understand it at all.

thanks in advance for ur help guys :renntech:

Hi there

I have posted the same topic before go and check if the sound comes from your car sounds like mine.and does the noise increase when you press on the gas.

if you have the same problem as mine then its your engine . I think its gone and you would have to get a new one.

I REALLY HOPE ITS JUST MISFIRING CYLENDER OR LIFTER NOISE CAUSE A NEW ENGINE IS NOT CHEAP.

whoa.....good thing mine isnt ask loud as urs...my if i step on it..the intake will cover the noise....i think..cuz i hear my engine more then the click..or maybe it just goes away...but its gone when i m like above 4500rpm....

thanks!

it could be oil blockage or it could be lifter noise

just take it some where and check the car

whoa.....good thing mine isnt ask loud as urs...my if i step on it..the intake will cover the noise....i think..cuz i hear my engine more then the click..or maybe it just goes away...but its gone when i m like above 4500rpm....

thanks!

it could be oil blockage or it could be lifter noise

just take it some where and check the car

lol..i did...p_dealer....they just had a visual check...and they were pretty sure is was the "pre:cats"..what are they..i wanted to confirm...are they also kkinow as the secdonary cats?...or their the mains ones?...cuz i fthey are jst tha secondary cats...then i m just going to get the fabspeed cat delete ppips..and delete them..if they are the primary ones..well..i dunno waht i am going to todpo..

tha ks for the help guzy!!! :renntech: