Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Radiator Fans... What temp do they engauge?

• Admin

The radiator fans are two stage. The fans always go to stage two (fast) when the the AC is on.

They turn on as follows:

Switch-on conditions for coolant or condenser blower motors

Stage 1 is switched on when the coolant temperature is > 100 °C

or

there is an AC demand, the intake air temperature is > 8 °C and terminal 15 is switched on.

Stage 2 is switched on when the coolant temperature is > 105 °C

or

the refrigerant pressure is > 16 bar

The radiator fans are two stage. The fans always go to stage two (fast) when the the AC is on.

They turn on as follows:

Switch-on conditions for coolant or condenser blower motors

Stage 1 is switched on when the coolant temperature is > 100 °C

or

there is an AC demand, the intake air temperature is > 8 °C and terminal 15 is switched on.

Stage 2 is switched on when the coolant temperature is > 105 °C

or

the refrigerant pressure is > 16 bar

Ok well all im looking for is Stage 1 to trigger, and heres what i got.

During Idle, ambeint outside temp at 61°F degrees... AC off.

Fans did not turn on until 103°C and remained on until the coolant temp lowered to 100°C.

Now Loren, whats all this mean? I got the °C reading from the Automatic Climate Control display section 6c incase your wondering.

• Admin

Do we know that the climate control measures that temperature at the same place as the DME?

Perhaps the climate control reads the temperature at the heater core inlet? and the DME reads it at the engine?

I may try to hook up my PST2 to my car and see what the DME temp says compared to the climate control.