Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Huge favor if you have natural grey leather

If you have the natural grey leather interior with the gear shift and door trim in leather, please send me a PM with your VIN number, I would like to order these two items for my car but Porsche will only sell these items to those with the proper VIN number of a car containing these two options. Much obliged in advance! I wish I got those two when I ordered the car

You are joking - I have never heard of that one.

Who (and where is the dealer)?

Loren, this is actually very true! There are several options that must be factory ordered. You can't buy them from the dealer (any dealer) unless your car was equiped that way from the factory. A perfect example can be as simple as the leather fuse box cover- the dealer can't order one unless your VIN lists it with the orginal factory order. Strange but true!

You guys need to find new dealers. ;)

Sunset Imports or Carnewal.com will sell you any Porsche OEM equipment without your VIN.

Loren, you need to check your information too! You are not 100% correct. Bob and Eric at Sunset can not sell you certain OEM equipment, unless your VIN had that part from the factory. Call them, you'll learn a lot. Same for Carnewal. Not even Adam Miller, from PCNA After Market Sales, can assist in these cases.

Please check your information, and stop perpetuating your false comments. Thank you.

• Admin

Let me clarify my response - you only need a VIN if the part is a special order item (from the Exclusive Department). These items would be things like deviating stitching, or special leather covered trim.

You do not need a VIN to order a (standard) leather gearshift knob, or handbrake assembly, steering wheel, etc..

... and IMHO a good dealer will find a way to get you the part you need/want.

Let me clarify my response - you only need a VIN if the part is a special order item (from the Exclusive Department). These items would be things like deviating stitching, or special leather covered trim.

You do not need a VIN to order a (standard) leather gearshift knob, or handbrake assembly, steering wheel, etc..

... and IMHO a good dealer will find a way to get you the part you need/want.

These parts are in fact from the exclusive department so yes, I did need the VIN. I already got it from a nice fellow on 6speedonline that ordered EVERYTHING for his Turbo. Insanity but it gives me a good handle on things!

Thanks everyone!