Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Question for those with PASM

I have a very late '04 CS with PASM (wouldn't consider a Cayenne without it) and it throws a "faulty workshop" air suspension ! a couple times a month. For some reason the computer does NOT store the code so when I take to the dealer there is nothing for them to find and of course it NEVER does it while they have it. Haven't figured out a pattern but it seems to do it more when it's wet. I just got the durametric software package so the next time it does it while I'm driving I can get the code before shutting it off.

What have others found to be the problem when you get that code???

I have a very late '04 CS with PASM (wouldn't consider a Cayenne without it) and it throws a "faulty workshop" air suspension ! a couple times a month. For some reason the computer does NOT store the code so when I take to the dealer there is nothing for them to find and of course it NEVER does it while they have it. Haven't figured out a pattern but it seems to do it more when it's wet. I just got the durametric software package so the next time it does it while I'm driving I can get the code before shutting it off.

I have the same fault, currently Porsche UK are working on it - but they are struggling to clear this fault???I think they have replaced a solenoid & a control unit so far to no avail? I will let you know the outcome.

I have the same fault, currently Porsche UK are working on it - but they are struggling to clear this fault???I think they have replaced a solenoid & a control unit so far to no avail? I will let you know the outcome.

Porche replaced the air compressor and suspension relay - fault fixed

Went off this AM after washing it- hooked up to Durametric and it gave me code 1772 pressure sensor? Anyone got this specific code by chance? Which sensor would that be... at least this time I can tell the dealer what the code is...it nevers stays on long enough for them to register it.

• Admin

Fault code 1772 Pressure sensor signal wire

Possible cause of fault

- Short circuit to B+ in the wiring of pin 84 of the level control module

- Short circuit to ground in the wiring of pin 84 of the level control module

- Open circuit in the wiring of pin 84 of the level control module

- Level control module receives implausible signal from pressure sensor

- Pressure sensor faulty

- Level control module faulty

post-1-1170620093_thumb.png

• 2 years later...

Loren, sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I have the same 1772 fault code that is intermittent. Since my car is out of warranty I will probably have to do some repairs myself. Did you have a parts diagram that shows the sensor and module mentioned in your troubleshooting? Thanks

David

• Admin
Loren, sorry to bring this topic back from the dead but I have the same 1772 fault code that is intermittent. Since my car is out of warranty I will probably have to do some repairs myself. Did you have a parts diagram that shows the sensor and module mentioned in your troubleshooting? Thanks

David

A MY99 C2 does not have PSM.

What did you read that code with?

• Moderators

The relevant sensor is a part of the compressor body and not available separately, you can order a body repair kit in a VW dealership instead a complete compressor assembly in a Porsche dealership for 1/4 price.

Sorry Loren, have not updated my profile yet since I still need pics of my new ride... I now have a 2004 Cayenne Turbo. :)

David

David

A MY99 C2 does not have PSM.

What did you read that code with?

Thanks RFM! I am waiting to see if my extended warranty might cover this but I believe the air suspension is excluded. :( If so, I will be sure to get the VW repair kit instead.

David

The relevant sensor is a part of the compressor body and not available separately, you can order a body repair kit in a VW dealership instead a complete compressor assembly in a Porsche dealership for 1/4 price.