Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P0455 - DIY?

Hi All,

I'm backkkkkk...

I got the CEL on, 2 weeks ago. :soapbox:

Autozone called it the P0455 (Large leak on the EVAC). Looked up the Bentley - says the same thing.

The guy at Autozone asked me to try on a different gas cap and turned off the light.

Came back on today again... :censored:

There were two threads here on this code in this forum but there were other ones along with this p-code in these threads.

I'm only having this code from the OBD...

Any ideas on how to get rid of this? Is this a DIY? :wrench:

Should I take it in to my local indie mechanic - reliable chap though...

The car is a 2000 S with 63.5K on the odo. Completed the 60K service at 57.5 though... :king:

Could a possible leak off the radiator (I saw some fluid drip off the radiator on the driver's end - from the front - a while ago) trigger this p-code? :oops:

Appreciate your valuable inputs (as always :))

Vish :drive:

• Admin

7.2 DME manual says:

– Tank cap missing

– Cap seal

– Ventilation lines detached from EVAP canister

– Ventilation line detached from tank

– Ventilation lines detached from operating purge valve

– Ventilation line detached from EVAP canister purge valve

– Break in ventilation lines

7.2 DME manual says:

– Tank cap missing

– Cap seal

– Ventilation lines detached from EVAP canister

– Ventilation line detached from tank

– Ventilation lines detached from operating purge valve

– Ventilation line detached from EVAP canister purge valve

– Break in ventilation lines

Loren - you rock!

Now that I have a new gas cap there - that should eliminate the first two items ?

I will look up the layout for the Ventilation lines health-check from the other items from Bentley - but any pointers off the block on what to look up. All these ventilation lines being detached - is that a plug and play i.e. if something is disconnected (due to jolts/mishandling), should I just put it back in place?

Here is one more fact on the car - on 12/30/06, I got rear-ended - bumped basically at a stop light, which led to a fix-up-paint rear bumper job.

Could this have triggered off any of the ventilation lines issues? I didn't have the CEL on before this incident.

Thanks again for your promptness.

Vish