Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Speaker size

Im thinking about upgrading my audio system in my 02 996tt. Has anyone done any upgrades and does anyone know what are the size of speakers for the dash and the doors. I don't want to install any in the back panels. All info would be helpfull. Even brands etc.

thanks

• 1 month later...
I have a 2001 996T and I'm interested too...C'mon folks...somebody out there has to have updated there stereo system

Well I just got mine done. The door speakers are Focal 165V3, 6.5 inch mid bass and the dash is 4" midrange with a 1 3/4" tweeters. Behind the seat is a set of 6" Scanspeak woofers in a custom box. I've also installed the Eclipse AVN 6600 Navi with DVD and Sirus radio. The unit sounds great. Had to move the AC control down to allow the Navi. I've also installed the Parot speaker phone. I works well as long as the car is not moving. Engine is too loud, don't waste your money on that. I'm using a Alpine PDX 4.150 amp to drive the speakers. The amp is setup as a 3 chanel using the 3rd chanel bridged to run the sub. I also installed a Ipod controler with the AVN 6600. The system works well and sounds really good.

• 3 weeks later...
I have a 2001 996T and I'm interested too...C'mon folks...somebody out there has to have updated there stereo system

Well I just got mine done. The door speakers are Focal 165V3, 6.5 inch mid bass and the dash is 4" midrange with a 1 3/4" tweeters. Behind the seat is a set of 6" Scanspeak woofers in a custom box. I've also installed the Eclipse AVN 6600 Navi with DVD and Sirus radio. The unit sounds great. Had to move the AC control down to allow the Navi. I've also installed the Parot speaker phone. I works well as long as the car is not moving. Engine is too loud, don't waste your money on that. I'm using a Alpine PDX 4.150 amp to drive the speakers. The amp is setup as a 3 chanel using the 3rd chanel bridged to run the sub. I also installed a Ipod controler with the AVN 6600. The system works well and sounds really good.

I have the cupholders above the head unit...From what I understand, you can remove the cupholders and then be capable of adding a double-din head unit. Question is...where do I find a fit-kit to surround/mount the new unit? I'm looking at the AVIC-Z2 by Pioneer

I have the cupholders above the head unit...From what I understand, you can remove the cupholders and then be capable of adding a double-din head unit. Question is...where do I find a fit-kit to surround/mount the new unit? I'm looking at the AVIC-Z2 by Pioneer

I too am looking at the Pioneer.

I talked to an installer this morning about what the car should or could have in it. Besides the Pioneer, he suggested a JL amp (300/4) and Focal Speakers. I don't remember which he talked about as the information all seems to be a blur.

My question is if I need to change all the speakers in the car or just the ones listed in the previous post by HPaddict?

Seriously now, just how hard of an install is this? I have tools, I have location, I just never did a stereo install before. I can get more toys for the car if I didn't have to tie up the car for a day or 2 for an install and especially if I get the parts online somewhere. It isn't about being cheap....nothing on this car is anyway....it's about not being ripped off.