Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Boxster Shock Absorber & Suspension

Hello, good day ! :welcome:

I owned a Boxster 98 - 2.5, I feel the shock absorber a bit hard and bumpy while normal driving. I guess, time to change the Shock Absorber after so many years. I want a combination suspension, which I can enjoy normal comfortable driving and sometimes I will push for hard driving.

Which is better ? Coil-over or original absorber ?

What is the difference between coil-cover & original shock absorber ?

Blistein PSS9, K&W colilover, H&R coil-over, which is better in term of cost, performance & normal driving ...

I ready appreciate anyone for the input. :renntech:

Thank a lot.

:clapping:

Boxster

post-11128-1170740843_thumb.jpg

post-11128-1170740889_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Technically, the stock suspension on a Boxster is a coilover since the shock assembly mounts through the spring. However, the term "Coilover" is typically used when a suspension has adjustable ride height. Normally this is achieved with a threaded shock body like the PSS9 and H&R Coilover systems.

You don't mention your location. Here in the US, a popular upgrade is to install an ROW M030 (Rest of World, Sport tuned) suspension. If you are not located in the US and your car does not have the M030 suspension, that is probably your best bet. If you go that route, I would also recommend upgrading your swaybars to the M030 bars too.

If you drive your car 100% on the street, I would recommend simply replacing your suspension with either OEM or aftermarket stock replacement parts. Bilstein has a couple of standard shock replacements as well as their PSS9 system you mentioned. I would be hard pressed to recommend a coilover system unless you are autocrossing or tracking our car. Even at their softest settings, you may find the ride a little harsh.

Good Luck,

Graeme