Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

How to disconnect CD changer frm CDR-220?

Okay, I searched but I can't understand the directions I found.

I'm trying to hook an input to the aux in of a CDR-220 w/CD changer. I have the Becker Aux In cable connected, I have Aux turned on on the radio, but the Aux input is only live until the CD changer determines there is no disc present, then it reverts to radio. I'm guessing that I need to disconnect power from the changer, but HOW? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rob

• Moderators

I am not sure what you are trying to do.

The cd changer has green and blue plugs to the back of the radio.

The aux-in Becker adapter has a blue plug. This adapter occupies the same space as the blue cd changer plug.

So you can have the aux-in adapter or the cd changer, but not both at the same time.

Perhaps you need to remove the green cd changer plug.

Then follow these instructions.

post-4-1171228447_thumb.jpg

Loren and Tool Pants,

Thanks for the replies. I have the Becker cable for Aux In and have that connected to my source and replacing the blue plug on the radio. I turned on the Aux Input in one of the radio menus, however the radio still looks for the CD changer, not an Aux input. I can listen to my devices while the changer checks the magazine for CDs, but as soon as it finds no CDs it switches the source to radio. I thought just pulling the green plug would take care of the changer, but that didn't seem to work. Do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

rob

• Moderators

I'm lost.

The cd changer has a green and blue plug that goes to the back of the radio, in the same row where there is a yellow plug. If you have removed the green and blue cd changer plugs then there is nothing that connects the cd changer to the radio. All I can think of is that you have not turned aux-in on, but you say you have, or did not remove the green plug, but you say you have.

post-4-1171299989_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hey guys,

I've successfully hooked my CDR-220 to my iPod (Treo MP3 player, actually) via the Becker cable, using all the info I got from previous posts. I've routed the cable out the back of the radio area so it comes out down by the foot well, and that seems to work well. However, I haven't been able to push the radio fully back into it's 'hole' yet, it's doesn't want to go in the last 2 inches. Does it require a hearty shove, or is there a trick to getting it back in? I'm worried that the cables have snagged, and don't want to damage them on the metal casing in there.

Thanks for any help, sorry for the silly question.

-James.

• Admin
Hey guys,

I've successfully hooked my CDR-220 to my iPod (Treo MP3 player, actually) via the Becker cable, using all the info I got from previous posts. I've routed the cable out the back of the radio area so it comes out down by the foot well, and that seems to work well. However, I haven't been able to push the radio fully back into it's 'hole' yet, it's doesn't want to go in the last 2 inches. Does it require a hearty shove, or is there a trick to getting it back in? I'm worried that the cables have snagged, and don't want to damage them on the metal casing in there.

Thanks for any help, sorry for the silly question.

-James.

Take the side panel off and reach behind it to see if anything is blocking - if not just push.

Thank you for your help, Loren.

I couldn't reach up with the side panel off, but I eventually took the climate control panel out, and could then make sure the wires weren't getting snagged (which they were) that way. I didn't realise how easy it would be to remove that panel; I guess it's an easy job to relocate it down below if I wanted to put a nav system in...

Anyway, I now have it all back together, and a nice AUX capable stereo!

-James.