Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CR 220 Radio Code

Think it is about 24 hours iirc. Have patience!

I got "WAIT" 48 hours ago.

Dealer gave me correct code today (I hope), but it's still on WAIT.

That's 48 hours, during which the car was running for about 6-8.

Does anyone know whether it's time or time-during-which-the-radio-is-on ?

CP

• Moderators

The radio manual says that the waiting time is when the ignition and radio are switched on.

After 3 wrong attempts with a code you get wait, and have to wait for 1 hour before trying a code again.

But I remember from the old Becker board that if you enter the wrong code way too many times, then the radio has to be on continuously for 24 hours before you can try a code again. This is a problem as most owners will not want to leave the ignition on for 24 hourse. Horst of the Becker board said that they power up the radio on a test bench.

At least that is what I remember from the old Becker board.

The radio manual says that the waiting time is when the ignition and radio are switched on.

After 3 wrong attempts with a code you get wait, and have to wait for 1 hour before trying a code again.

But I remember from the old Becker board that if you enter the wrong code way too many times, then the radio has to be on continuously for 24 hours before you can try a code again. This is a problem as most owners will not want to leave the ignition on for 24 hourse. Horst of the Becker board said that they power up the radio on a test bench.

At least that is what I remember from the old Becker board.

Thanks, that was very helpful.

Looks like more time in the driver's seat for me. (Darn, that's a severe punishment: I have to drive my Porsche.)

• 4 weeks later...
I replaced my battery today and dont have the code for the radio of course so I could use the code. :rolleyes:

01 C4

serial #Y5052199

Thanks

Try 8378

or

:renntech:

Thanks Loren the second code worked

Thanks again

• 4 weeks later...
I changed my battery and found out that my radio was replaced sometime before I owned my 99 cab. So, I have the original radio code card but it does me no good.

I just pulled the radio. Can anyone help me?

It's a CR220

Mod# BE 4362

S/N: 15031442

Thanks in advance...

Dan

Dan, I have the same radio in my '01 Boxster S:

It's a CR220

Mod# BE 4362

What code worked for you?

Thanks, PBXJedi

Swapping the Battery Tray and I am another for the list.

Becker Radio 220

Serial # 15087065

it also had # 4462 come up when I was turning the knob.

I had one of those chargers plugged into the lighter socket but it did not work...

Care to share the trick? I have looked at a few serial #'s and cannot see the pattern.

Mine isn't reset yet, although being disconnected on friday this week to complete an install.

Becker-220

Serial #15001542

Type 4362

24/99 (what does this mean)

Gal 00 (whatever that means also??)

Any help would be appreciated. After installing my new aux cable, I would rather not have the deck not work at all :)

• 6 months later...