Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tranny/Clutch Woes!

Going to pick up the BG fluids right now. I'll post if it does the trick allthough the results would be unfair as it is supposed to be 80 here for the next couple of days. I won't be able to do the test for about 2 weeks I have to go to Indy for business.

Be sure you also get the friction modifier in the little tube. Cannot for the life of me remember what is was specifically called but I believe it was for LSD apps. Let us know what you get with it.

Well, The rep brought a 2+1 kit including 2 bottles of the Syncroshift II gear oil, and one squeeze tube of LSII Limited slip additive. He is going to bring another bottle later as he only had the one kit with him.

• 1 month later...
Be sure you also get the friction modifier in the little tube. Cannot for the life of me remember what is was specifically called but I believe it was for LSD apps. Let us know what you get with it.

Well, The rep brought a 2+1 kit including 2 bottles of the Syncroshift II gear oil, and one squeeze tube of LSII Limited slip additive. He is going to bring another bottle later as he only had the one kit with him.

Allright You do need 3 bottles and the additive. I had the dealer put the fluid in for me when they put my new A/C compressor in. I have noticed a little improvement in the ease of shift but it did not hit the big problem with the 2nd gear. I am all well believing it has something to do with a odd grommet protruding down from the doghouse directly over the linkage. I will try to check it out just don't know when I'm heading out to Cali for a while and possibly overseas again there after if I do not have a chance to get to it I'll just have it sent to Power Haus. Many thanks for the recommendation. Jim

Jim,

Give it a few miles before taking any expensive action. IIRC, it just got better as I drove it more to the point that the problem resolved itself totally. Since my car is a daily driver, you might want to schedule a nice weekend jaunt to the Ozarks or down to Grand Lake and enjoy the sunshine while you work it out.