Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Floor Mats - Your Recommendations?

I have an Arctic Silver & Black 2001 Carrera 2. It is a lovely beast and I like it very much, albeit differently than my now-sold '93 964. Different, but great, too!

Anyhow, I wish to replace the floor mats in the driver's and passenger's foot well. Any recommendations?

Princeton Porsche (I am in New Joisey!) will sell me a set of four (2 front, 2 rear) for $172. Aie.

eBay has some GT-Racer (?) brand ones for $70 (2 front). These seem alright. Anyone have any stories regarding floor mats?

Yeah, I know that floor mats ain't a big deal. I just don't want to pay $172 for them from Porsche, yet I want to be sure that any ones I order via the web will fit properly.

Many thanks in advance!

Hi

Boxster floor mats are the same as Carrera floor mats, available as a set of two front mats.

Ah, I didn't know that! Thanks.

Just checked eBay - I found a set of floor mats (cut nylon carpet, really) for Boxster that would do the job. Half the price of the GT Racer ones, but half as sexy!

Thanks for the comment, RFM.

I have an Arctic Silver & Black 2001 Carrera 2. It is a lovely beast and I like it very much, albeit differently than my now-sold '93 964. Different, but great, too!

Anyhow, I wish to replace the floor mats in the driver's and passenger's foot well. Any recommendations?

Princeton Porsche (I am in New Joisey!) will sell me a set of four (2 front, 2 rear) for $172. Aie.

eBay has some GT-Racer (?) brand ones for $70 (2 front). These seem alright. Anyone have any stories regarding floor mats?

Yeah, I know that floor mats ain't a big deal. I just don't want to pay $172 for them from Porsche, yet I want to be sure that any ones I order via the web will fit properly.

Many thanks in advance!

Did you try the link at the top of the forum home page that reads "Porsche Parts at Dealer Cost"? I've purchased parts from this company which is Sunset Imports, Beaverton OR, phone 800-346-0182. They are a Porsche dealership in Oregon.

You might also try AutohauzAZ.com or buyeuroparts.com. They may have the mats at a much lower price. Call or browse on-line.

I also have a set of OEM Black with the embroidered Porsche Logo in them if you would like them. The dealer had them in my car which has full leather space gray interior and they are like new. I have since bought the matching ones for my car they would ship from KCKS in the original Porsche tequipment box. You can just PM me. I have no need for them so I would let them go for $50+shipping. Just another offer on the table.

I also have a set of OEM Black with the embroidered Porsche Logo in them if you would like them. The dealer had them in my car which has full leather space gray interior and they are like new. I have since bought the matching ones for my car they would ship from KCKS in the original Porsche tequipment box. You can just PM me. I have no need for them so I would let them go for $50+shipping. Just another offer on the table.

I'm curious if these mats will fit a C4S...any differences in the layout of this area for a C4?

If they fit, ViolaGT3 no longer has mats for sale!

Edited by LEP

Thanks johnj.moran for the links. I did check the link at the top of the page before my post but I did not see floor mats explicitly called out. Prolly should have just called to ask!

The other links are pretty good, certainly I will use them for the future.

And LEP, get offa my mats! ;-)

I really like Coco mats. www.cocomats.com. If you haven't heard of them it's a really goofy sounding name but the mats are great. My car is also AS with Black interior the mats I purchased 2 years ago still look great and seem indestructible. They are heavy weave and they fit the 996 perfectly. They never slide around at all. Give them a look.

In reference to an '03 Cabriolet C2, be aware that a 996 with the Bose sound system has a different passenger floor mat than a non-Bose system. The reason is that the sub woofer is located on the side, resulting in slightly less floor space than a non-Bose set up.

I learned this from direct experience, as I just had my mats replaced - and they inadvertently ordered the wrong ones.

• 10 months later...

I'm ready to order replacement mats from www.usspeedonline.com which look identical to the Lloyds mats on www.automotion.com but are a few $ cheaper. Unlike the automotion site, usspeedonline doesnt ask about whether or not you have the Bose stereo.

My 2000 Cab 4 stereo sounds crappy... so I wouldnt be surprised if it is the Bose.

My passenger side does have a very narrow footwell due to a carpet covered protuberance which looks like it could hold a subwoofer but there is no speaker grill down there. The only speakers I can see are on the dash, doors and in the backseat area.

I know for a fact that I have the CDR 220 reciever.

Nothing in any of my owner documents says anything about Bose.

My factory invoice says "Digital Sound Package with 490". I cant find anything on the internet to tell me if the 490 means Bose.

Is this the Bose system people are warning about that requires a non-standard passenger side floor mat?

Follow Up: My local dealer says that I have the Harmon Kardon system; that the Bose wasnt available until 2002. However they still werent sure if I have the subwoofer issue. They have both passenger side floormats in stock and I will check them out next week when I go by to pick up some other parts Ive ordered.

In reference to an '03 Cabriolet C2, be aware that a 996 with the Bose sound system has a different passenger floor mat than a non-Bose system. The reason is that the sub woofer is located on the side, resulting in slightly less floor space than a non-Bose set up.

I learned this from direct experience, as I just had my mats replaced - and they inadvertently ordered the wrong ones.

Edited by vette67

I'm ready to order replacement mats from www.usspeedonline.com which look identical to the Lloyds mats on www.automotion.com but are a few $ cheaper. Unlike the automotion site, usspeedonline doesnt ask about whether or not you have the Bose stereo.

My 2000 Cab 4 stereo sounds crappy... so I wouldnt be surprised if it is the Bose.

My passenger side does have a very narrow footwell due to a carpet covered protuberance which looks like it could hold a subwoofer but there is no speaker grill down there. The only speakers I can see are on the dash, doors and in the backseat area.

I know for a fact that I have the CDR 220 reciever.

Nothing in any of my owner documents says anything about Bose.

My factory invoice says "Digital Sound Package with 490". I cant find anything on the internet to tell me if the 490 means Bose.

Is this the Bose system people are warning about that requires a non-standard passenger side floor mat?

Follow Up: My local dealer says that I have the Harmon Kardon system; that the Bose wasnt available until 2002. However they still werent sure if I have the subwoofer issue. They have both passenger side floormats in stock and I will check them out next week when I go by to pick up some other parts Ive ordered.

Hey, I'm sort of in the same spot as you. I bought my car with these horrible "universals" in front: (1) They don't fit and (2) they're sh*tty in every other regard. So I've been looking around for the right ones at the right price, and think I've settled on Lloyd's Premium Plush Mats. They can't embroider them with cool script to remind you you're driving a Porsche in case you forget, but they look spectacular in quality...like driving-barefoot quality. The set of 4 is $232 ("free shipping") at www.autoanything.com, but I'd like to see them lower.

post-23225-1201967966.jpg

My main problem is the HORRIBLE OEM mat retaining system using those velcro pads. My plastic disc that goes into the carpet has been ripped out so I must put up with adjusting my mats every traffic light. The OEM mat backing material gets stiff over time.

Anybody have adapted a mat or are aware of another way of mat retention? I had an Audi and it's snap in holes on the mat worked infinitely better.

thanks.

I bought some Lloyds mats from Pelican with the Porsche logo. They clip into brackets attached to the seat rails. I am very happy with them.

I just ordered Coco mats for my 03. I have the grey interior and wanted a little color contrast. My car is midnight blue so I ordered blue with natural dots. I will try to post a pic when they arrive. $147 delivered.

I have the same problem, I want to replace the black mats I have on my 02 Cabriolet with gray mats, but when I look on line I see that there are literally two dozen different shades of gray; so be careful when buying through the web that you actually get the color you are looking for. What I’m looking into is having them costume made. There are a couple upholstery shops in the Miami area that can actually make it for me including the Porsche name (or 911) stitching with any color I like. Since I can leave my old floor mats with them they can use them as a template for the new ones. As far as the price, pretty competitive with anything on the web.

I just ordered a set of Lloyds Boxster mats for my '99 996 C2, from Pelican, but got a call from Pelican saying that I can't use the Boxster mats in a 996. That's not true, is it? Can someone acutally confirm that the Boxster mats are OK?

Thanks,

-James.

I found that my 2000 996 cab-4 takes the "normal" mats... not the special mats for cars with the Bose audio system. I ordered Lloyds mats from www.usspeedonline.com . They seem to have the best prices and offer just about any logo you want. I paid about $100 incl shipping. I just got the front 2 mats in Metro Blue, with CARRERA 4 emblems in silver thread.

I havent received them yet, but Im almost positive that these mats will not include any kind of hook system to hold them in place. I have read somewhere on this site that we can go to a hardware store or an auto parts store and buy our own hooks that should hold these things in place.

NOTE: I was wrong about the hooks. The Lloyds mats DO come with them. It was a pleasant surprise!

Edited by vette67

I just ordered a set of Lloyds Boxster mats for my '99 996 C2, from Pelican, but got a call from Pelican saying that I can't use the Boxster mats in a 996. That's not true, is it? Can someone acutally confirm that the Boxster mats are OK?

Thanks,

-James.

Not true. The boxster mats should fit your 99 996 with no problem.