Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Floor Mats - Your Recommendations?

I vote for Lloyd's. They list several grades of quality, the worst of which is very good. My OEMs will go back in when I sell it.

I like black mats in my sea of Savanna interior,

Why not use the porsche mats

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant...96gt3interiorup

That is a great, great question!!!

Because I want the Carrera 4 emblem and the stock mats just say Carrera.

My main problem is the HORRIBLE OEM mat retaining system using those velcro pads. My plastic disc that goes into the carpet has been ripped out so I must put up with adjusting my mats every traffic light. The OEM mat backing material gets stiff over time.

Anybody have adapted a mat or are aware of another way of mat retention? I had an Audi and it's snap in holes on the mat worked infinitely better.

thanks.

I had the same problem and got fed up with adjusting the mats at every traffic light. I replaced the discs (about 2€ each) and ripped the useless (and in the wrong location!!) pad off of the back of the oem mats. I bought some heavy duty velcro pads and glued them onto the mats with a glue gun. Problem solved. The new velcro is rock solid and the mats don't slip any more. That was around 5000 km ago so I can't gaurantee the lifespan. Cheaper than new mats though!! :)

My new Lloyd mats just arrived and they are awesome.

Just like OEM mats but I got "Carerra 4" instead of just "Carerra"

And I was real happy to see that these mats DO come with hooks to attach them to your seat brackets!

Total cost: $100

Ordered thru www.usspeedonline.com

I just bought the 4-piece super-duper heavy-weight premium Lloyd mats in black for $180 after shipping. These better be some mf'ing charmin' floor mats. They better be the Cary Grant of floor mats.

These are definitely the best floor mats I've ever felt or seen. They're so thick and soft that you're actually petting them when you touch them. Though I feel kind of stupid for getting the rear 2, since I don't know any chinchilla-sized people to fit back there who might admire them and remind me how cool my 6"x6" floor mats are. But at extra $15 a pop, why not go ahead and be a completionist?

I highly recommend Lloyd's "heavy-weight premium mats!"

Cheers.

post-23225-1203661135.jpg

And I was real happy to see that these mats DO come with hooks to attach them to your seat brackets!

Thanks for the info. I need new mats that won't walk themselves under my pedals.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info. I need new mats that won't walk themselves under my pedals.

Pete

New COCO mats arrived today from cocomats.com perfect fit and workmanship. I have a Midnight blue 03 C2 with grey leather. I went for blue with a natural dot and it makes a nice contrast to the all grey interior., Nice stuff. $147 delivered for the two fronts. I would do this again.

My main problem is the HORRIBLE OEM mat retaining system using those velcro pads. My plastic disc that goes into the carpet has been ripped out so I must put up with adjusting my mats every traffic light. The OEM mat backing material gets stiff over time.

I agree that the velcro ain't cutting it. My driver side mat slips all over the place, so I ordered a new set of Lloyds with the C4S embroidery.

My 2000 Cab 4 stereo sounds crappy... so I wouldnt be surprised if it is the Bose.

Try turning the bass down -3. I have the Bose in my C4S and the low end was driving me nuts. I am pretty particular about my sound (musician/producer) and this seems to have improved the sound by 100%.

Pete

i just put in my new lloyd's mats this weekend. they have a clever clip mechanism that mounts to the seat rails and clips on to the mats so they don't slide around.