Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Moderators

Hi

The GPS antenna is located above the cabin air filter, on a metal plate. You have to dismount the wiper arms and the black plastic finish plate, the metal plate with the antennas ( two antennas if a telephone is installed ) is bold on the plastic plate. I don't no if the OEM antenna is compatible with Pioneer.

I hope this can help.

Regards.

I was under the impression that the GPS antenna for PCM is located under the plastic cover which houses the alarm LED in the centre of the dashboard.

As you may have found out, the antenna supplied with the AVIC is thicker than the PCM one, and I'm not sure it will fit under the cover. I asked the installer who fitted my AVIC to put it in the original position, but he put it on top of the dash on the passenger side near the screen. I didn't notice it for a day or two, but wasn't too unhappy about it, so assumed that was why he put it there. I can't help with the compatibility issue I'm afraid.

Ok, i found the Antenna.

but now i have to know if it is an 5V or an 3V antenna.

http://www.trimble.com/gpsbc_oem_ant.shtml

Thanks for your post´s.

Maybe Loren knows about that Antenna?

I just installed a trafficPro in my 02 C4S and bought the unit from Becker. Kit comes with WISI GPS antenna (model AG 13)that is made in Germany and in reading the spec for the antenna it will operate between 3.5 and 5.5Volts. Not sure the same supplier was used for GPS antenna in PCM 1 systems or not, however if you can see the model info on your existing antenna being WISI and same model it should work in either a 3 or 5 volt installation.

Goodluck with the installation!!

demsoan

• 3 weeks later...