Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PSE w Switch Installation advice to remove cut out - Urgent

Hi guys I am getting the PSE installed Wednesday with the switch by my OPC.

They will amend the installation so it won't cut out between 30 and 40mph but advised on some models it not always works, they suggested by not connecting a cable to the speedo that it should be either on all the time or off all the time depending on the switch position.

Has anyone any advise or experience on this, I am aware the diode cut modification "might" have implications with the cabriolet roof speed sensor, I have a smart top and don't want to lose its features so would like to avoid the diode cut in case I lose functionality.

Anyone any knowledge on any of these issues?

Appreciate the help

Its going on a 2000 C4 3.4 Cabriolet with Smart Top.

I installed the PSE a couple of years ago on my '99 Cab and didn't bother with any of the vacuum lines, switches, ect. I left it all off at the advice of other owners who had it installed. It sounds great ALL the time, no regrets, and especially nice if I accelerate briskly. It remains fairly quiet if I drive conservatively and doesn't seem to bother anyone.

• Moderators

When installing the PSE wiring harness in the relay support bracket, do not install the pink/grey wire into the Speedometer A jumper plug 1/1 (slot 23), just tie it off. This wire is inserted on pin 6 of the PSE relay connector on one side and free on the other. Just leave the free end unconnected.

This wire is the one that gets the speed of the vehicle from the car's computer. Without this signal the PSE relay will not switch on and off the exhaust baffles automatically.