Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

After doing some reaserch on the net :drive: I found a post in another forum that addresses all the questions, bugs and "not sure" on this topic. :clapping: The DIY instructions given and the COLOR pictures + the instructions at the Dension GateWay 500 site, give me suficient confidence to takle the project. I will be installing it today. :jump: Since the post is in another forum not sure if I can give the link in this post. If I can let me know I will glady give the link. :beer:

Edited by cayennenegro

Cayennenegro, I would appreciate getting the link. I have an 08 CTT due to arrive any day and a Gateway 500 ready to install. Thanks for sharing.

Sent you a email with link! I finished mine today works great! :clapping: Sound was improved also :thumbup:

Cayennenegro, I would appreciate getting the link. I have an 08 CTT due to arrive any day and a Gateway 500 ready to install. Thanks for sharing.

Sent you a email with link! I finished mine today works great! :clapping: Sound was improved also :thumbup:

Hello... can I get the link also? I am taking delivery of an MY08 CTT also in 2 weeks and would like to install this also... many thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I would also like the link about the Gateway 500 install. If you mount the ipod on the dash can you choose a song on the ipod itself and listen to it through the stereo. I currently use the Icelink in my BMW and it works great for this. I have an ipod hookup in my Honda and you can listen to the ipod through the stereo but you can't control the ipod on the ipod itself and you can only choose from six playlists. I don't like this system.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks,

bfrank@indy.rr.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I noticed you installed the GW500 in the back, which complicates your wiring if you want to have your ipod at hand..

I've installed mine behind the glove compartment, as described in the install guide on www.maxxcount.de (incl some pictures)

both usb & ipod connection are handy next to the cupholders like this...

cheers, gunzie

• 2 weeks later...

did anyone also install bluetooth adaptor...i am curious for my 2006 CS as how god it works

i am ready to get Dension Gateway 500 with bluetooth adaptor,

any retailers ...could not find locally in upstate NY

any prices??

regards

Manny

Edited by drmanny

• 2 months later...
did anyone also install bluetooth adaptor...i am curious for my 2006 CS as how god it works

any prices??

regards

Manny

Hi, I payed about 80 euro for it - had no problems ordering it in Belgium.

I'm not happy with the sound quality of both the speakers and the mike, especially not when comparing with the sound quality of the original GSM module.

So I use the original GSM module more often, despite the clumsy telephone book.

any prices??

regards

Manny

Hi yes i've managed to install bluetooth adapter on my dension 500. it's very easy to install... anyway you have to put an extra wire from bluetooth module to pcm (if you have one) on the mute pin. doing this you are able to see "EXTERNAL PHONE" splash screen if someone is calling you. the only problem is... the module is not 100% functional... i mean a few times it's disconnecting by himself and also you have to change the source to CD Changer every time you want to use bluetooth phone. otherwise everything seems to be ok. Ohh by the way the module came with a VERY GOOD MIC !!!! install it on the roof (behind doom lights), i guaranty it will work very well.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Fitting a Gatway 500 is very easy! The newer gateway units come with two fibre plugs. So you just unplug the fibre connection from the CD changer and plug it into the Gateway unit (car side). Then plug the other fibre (supplied) into the Gateway and loop it with a connector (supplied)! i.e join it together!

The Gateway replicates the CD changer in a Porshe and you can't have both.

Then all you have to do is connect the power. I just stripped the feed wires to the CD changer and soldered on there.

I mounted the Gateway in the trunk with some long wire ties and tieded up the cabling. I punched four holes in the trim behind the plastic and fixed it there. That way when I come to remove it no one will know it was there! The ipod is also in the trunk as well (you don't really need it in the car and running the cable in through the firewall is a pig to do).

It sounds great! BUT you can't search for a song. Only by Album, Artist and Playlist.

It sounds great! BUT you can't search for a song. Only by Album, Artist and Playlist.

Hi!

You can search for a song, if you know its initial letter:

- Choose Disc 6, Menu.

- Select the folder "Songs" and press seekFW on it.

- Press seekFW on the first item "ABC-SEARCH"

- Select the inital letter and press seekFW on it.

- Then you will see only the songs starting with that letter

This helps a lot when searching for a song.

• 3 months later...
Hi, I noticed you installed the GW500 in the back, which complicates your wiring if you want to have your ipod at hand..

I've installed mine behind the glove compartment, as described in the install guide on www.maxxcount.de (incl some pictures)

both usb & ipod connection are handy next to the cupholders like this...

cheers, gunzie

My three cents (adjusted for inflation) is that I have it mounted in the back for a few reasons. The main reason is the ipod is out of sight in a place where a crackhead rumaging won't look. I got one stolen out of my Camaro armrest. I can't imagine having out there in the air with a "steal me" sign on it.. yes, the alarm went off.. he was too fast and the people protecting the car garage were asleep..

The next reason is that the install took 15mins thanks to this guide. I drank two Stella Artois instead which explains the performance gain considering it's a lighter beer.. maybe higher octane.. ;o) It may also explain the weird click.. no, just kidding, running the lastest firmware it works great.. I bought an 80GB off this kid just for the pepper.. filled it up with Radio 1 Essential Mix, Fergie, Digweed, Freeland and the like and I'm good to go.. untz untz untz..

The PCM Gateway interface works like a charm for me so no need to ever touch or see the iPod until I get bored with the 80GB... and need a refresh.. :lol:

The glovebox, armrest, anywhere in the passenger space is where the criminals look.. I keep that empty like a desert.. no signs of life.. I guess they can get my owners manual and obsole NAV Cds.. darn.. then I'd get a new NAV from the insurance!!!

-

• 2 years later...

Maybe you guys could give me a hand. I have been working on installing one into a 2004 Porsche Cayenne S (with nav and CD changer) and am having a very specific problem that I was hoping you might be able to shed some light on. I am getting the "amplifier not available" message when I turn the PCM on. If I set the Gateway to bypass mode, the amp, CD changer and everything else work fine. But, as soon as I switch it to the gateway mode, I get that message. the iPod seems to connect fine, as it charges, and the PCM unit can change tracks on the iPod (though I can't get it to switch to iPod GW mode to display song title information on the head unit). I have tried with both a 5th gen Nano and an iPhone 3GS.

I am running power directly off of the PCM unit. I have triple checked the fiber optic cables and all the light is going in the right direction. I have tried reseting the Dension unit and the head unit, as well as removing and replacing the fuses, all of which have not worked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!