Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Racing Seats for GT 3

pgwilliams

I want to start using a 5- or 6-point harness for DEs. The purpose is more to keep me in the seat (and reduce the fatigue from trying to hold myself upright in the corners) than for safety. The point is that the stock seats in the GT 3 are very comfortable. I need to find "racing" seats that are equally comfortable but also have a hole for the anti-sub belt. My wife was pi**ed off when I purchased the car, but she loves riding in it. If I replace the seats with something less comfortable (and less aesthetically pleasing) she will go back to being pi**ed off at me. So far, my research seems to point to the fact that you can either have uncomfortable (from a wife's perspective) seats with a hole for the anti-sub, or you can have comfortable seats that don't. Everything that I have read advises against using a 4-point setup without the anti-sub. Can anyone recommend a comfortable seat (preferrably with a non-fixed back) that meets my needs?

• Moderators

Hi pg..... If you are planning on doing PCA sanctioned DEs run by a local region, they may well require you to go by the national DE guidelines (or may not). If they do, they will require "equivalent restraint" for the driver and instructor/passenger side. If so, you are looking at putting 5 pts and similar/same seats on both sides. That said, you can find good, safe, seats that will support a 5 pt harness for both sides. Have a look at the Recaro Sportster CS Hybrids: http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/seat/r...SportsterCS.asp

The backs adjust and you can get a sub port. You may already know that, in order to be safe and pass tech, shoulder belts cannot attach below a certain angle to avoid the chance of spine compression in a crash. To get the shoulder attachments up high enough, you need at a minimum, a good harness bar or a harness guide bar. Brey Krause makes a great line of such stuff.

http://www.bkauto.com/porsche/harness.php. If you run DOT R tires, you will need a fire extinguisher too.

• 3 months later...
The definition of racing seats includes fixed back. Your best bet would be the EURO GT3 seats. Perhaps you can take them out when you're not doing an event.

They are great seats. Velcro removable seat bottom sections and lumbar. Very comfortable, plenty of support. Even on long drives or back to back track events. There is a real set on ebay for $3500USD