Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

has anyone had the 5mm Porsche wheel spacers installed? How much did it cost? I assume that the effect is purely cosmetic, but I'd be curious to hear if ride/handling is changed at all. Thanks

I think I paid roughly $225 for the 5mm spacers, which come with longer wheel studs, a must from a safety point of view. The looks on the car arent that much different, but the ride is harder and more suited for the track.

ps They are easy to self install.

Edited by Nick_USA

Ward,

Don't expect a harder ride out of 5mm wheelspacers... Nick, can you provide more detail on your observed ride changes after adding spacers? While it would increase the leverage your wheel/hub assembly has on the suspension geometry and damper, it's odd that the ride would get noticeably sharper or harder. Such a change almost sounds like your dampers are worn out and blowing through their stroke on compression.

I think I paid roughly $225 for the 5mm spacers, which come with longer wheel studs, a must from a safety point of view. The looks on the car arent that much different, but the ride is harder and more suited for the track.

I installed the OEM Porsche 5mm spacers a while ago.

I paid $200 for the 4 spacers and another ~$90 for the screws

and longer wheel bolts. Four bolts are the locking type

and the socket was included in the price.

It may look a little better? but I cannot honestly claim

that I noticed anything different in driving the car .

Ward,

Don't expect a harder ride out of 5mm wheelspacers... Nick, can you provide more detail on your observed ride changes after adding spacers? While it would increase the leverage your wheel/hub assembly has on the suspension geometry and damper, it's odd that the ride would get noticeably sharper or harder. Such a change almost sounds like your dampers are worn out and blowing through their stroke on compression.

My dampers are fine, when I say 'harder' what I mean is you can feel the bumps more and you correctly state this is due to the increased leverage that the wheel/hub assembly has. The other thing a driver may notice, especially on worn blacktop roads is it is more likely to 'tram line' ie it tracks the slight hollows that the traffic has worn in the road which are more noticeable with a wider track.

I still like the ride all the same.

Edited by Nick_USA

Cost around $50, cosmetic only and no need for longer wheel bolts. 7mm and larger are slightly more expensive and require new bolts.

The 5mm spacers offered by Porsche DO have longer wheels bolts as part of the kit- I wouldn't receommend using a shorter bolt - why take a chance?