Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Will exhaust , headers, air filter improve my 987 ?

Ok I live in Costa Rica, I have a 05 Base 987 triptronic, I love it (yes even with the triptronoc), I have this car as a toy not everyday drive, only Sundays early to go on the mountain twisties.

Buying an S is not an Option unless is new $100,000 , Buying a manual version is not an option either (there are non used).

So will putting all those upgrades to my car make any more HP?

Or is a waste of money?

Will putting all these compromise the car's reliability?

I Called Fabspeed and they told me the following.

Exaust +10 HP

Headers witout cats +10HP

ECU reprogram +10 to 15HP

Air intake +5HP

So total about 35 to 40 HP?

Does this sounds realistic?

Now if I put the lighweight battery, carbon Hood and the saved weight of the muffler, Im shaving like 80 pounds of the weight.

So will these weight reduction plus the 30 to 40 extra HP will be noticeable???

You can't just add up the upgrades to get your total HP boost. It doesn't work like that. Sadly, you have to take what you can get. All that stuff will probably net you about 20 HP, which won't be really noticeable unless you're tracking the car and are really consistent. You might see a half to full second difference depending on the course.

Also, if you're going to lighten something on the front, you should do the same to the rear and in the same amount. The balance of the car is really nice as it sits and messing with the weight distribution is probably not going to help in anything but a drag race.

Since you're probably going to do it anyway, I'd recommend the Dansk headers, cats, and exhaust as my first option. I don't know why I like them better than the Fabspeed, but I do. Fabspeed would certainly be second on the list. Again, I can't tell you why I list them in that order. It's something I can't quantify.

-Michael

The big DIY aftermarket tuners like Techart, Speedart and 9ff, quote figues up to 325 BHP for the 987S. The standard 987 is already in quite a high state of tune and has a higher bhp/ liter figure than the 987s. Certainly ,I've seen figures for the 987S ECU uprate but none for the 2.7. I would expect the headers and intake to give better mid tange punch, but don't expect to see a huge difference. If you really want extra power a supercharger or turbo conversion will probably be better value for money. Ideally you need the ECU tuned to whatever intake and exhaust mods you carry out.

• Moderators

Hi

Trey fvd.de article FVD 987 100 02 - 5.548,00 Euro without tax and shipment ( engine tuning kits 2.7 litre - 265Hp @6500 rpm 295Nm @ 5000 - 5500 rpm

Hi

Trey fvd.de article FVD 987 100 02 - 5.548,00 Euro without tax and shipment ( engine tuning kits 2.7 litre - 265Hp @6500 rpm 295Nm @ 5000 - 5500 rpm

I live in Costa Rica, the Boxster base 987 triptronic I have, I use for Sunday drives in the twisty mountains.

Our fuel is 87 Octane

I drive at 4,000 to 6,000 feet most of the time, and would like to have some more HP.

So for my type of conditions will a ECU reprogram help?

An exhaust even help more?

I cannot get a manual or an S, simply there are none in Costa Rica