Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Two Issues: Remove Glove Box And Handsfree Kit

I would like to replace the dashtrim in the car and believe you can do so quite easily if you remove the glove box. How does one do that and what are some of the hidden traps I need to look out for?

Secondly I am in the process of installing a bluetooth handsfree kit and would like to wire it up to the stereo speakers. My car is a MY02 C2 Cab with Bose. I have noticed in some of the threads regarding the power adapter found near the centre console, thats great but unfortunately they don't talk about wiring up the speaker connections and where you need to do this.

Any information on the above issues would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

• Admin

The dash trim pieces are covered in the DIY section. Search for dash trim.

Becker should have what you need as a prewired cable. You might want to check with Becker Australia. Here is a link to a Becker dealer in Australia: SoundLab Group

Here is the US information (for comparison).

We now have a Telephone power cable, 5001.524-276. This allows power/phone mute to the existing car wires without any cutting. The price is $5.00 (list). 

OEM Becker Radio removal keys, BNA-1184.989 ($1.76 set) Plus $5.00 small order handling fee

To add additional amplifiers use low-level audio adapter, 1185.640-276 ($16.60).. 

Speaker/power plug is 1163.736-276 ( $14.00) 

Phone mute/Aux audio-in/Tel audio-in/Removal keys in one kit is, 1319.116-276 ($16.40) 

To order please call our parts department at (888) 423-3537 x1209 

Loren,

Thanks for the info on the Becker wiring loom. I must admit I have yet to hit the glove box removal instructions. Plenty instructions on how to destroy the dash trim but nothing on removing the glove box. I will keep searching I am sure I will find it.

Once again you come to the rescue - even in a foreign country

• Moderators

One of our local 2003 Boxster owners just replaced the 3 trim pieces without destroying them. He removed the glove box and was able to get to the T10 screws for the long piece. He removed the steering wheel and the trim plate under the instrument cluster to get to the back of the 2 small pieces.

That is what I am hoping to achieve Tool Pants. I will perform the large piece first and then look at replacing the other 2 smaller pieces. Depending on how adventurous I am feeling I might even do it myself.

Once again thanks to all and their helpful information