Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

One touch turnlight

Hi, don't know if the issue has been covered yet, but I was always bothered by the fact that the 996 didn't have the same feature when it comes to lane change as my benz has. There I can touch the turnlight switch shortly and it will automatically come on three times. This made me change lanes without signaling quite often in my Porsche since I forgot to hold it as long as needed.

I found a mosfet-module sold by CXI which does the job nicely and can be installed within 20 minutes. Just need to pull out the hazard light switch cables and clip into the according the instructions that come with it. Don't know if there's a source for it in the U.S. since the price including shipping is quite high (around 81 Euros, 49 for the module alone). Seems that there is no english page also.

I have to say that the owner Mr Ziegenhirt provided outstanding customer service by exchanging an out of warranty module that I had purchased at ebay for free. So I thought I at least owe him an honest review of the product. No affiliation!

Thorsten

Hi, don't know if the issue has been covered yet, but I was always bothered by the fact that the 996 didn't have the same feature when it comes to lane change as my benz has. There I can touch the turnlight switch shortly and it will automatically come on three times. This made me change lanes without signaling quite often in my Porsche since I forgot to hold it as long as needed.

I found a mosfet-module sold by CXI which does the job nicely and can be installed within 20 minutes. Just need to pull out the hazard light switch cables and clip into the according the instructions that come with it. Don't know if there's a source for it in the U.S. since the price including shipping is quite high (around 81 Euros, 49 for the module alone). Seems that there is no english page also.

I have to say that the owner Mr Ziegenhirt provided outstanding customer service by exchanging an out of warranty module that I had purchased at ebay for free. So I thought I at least owe him an honest review of the product. No affiliation!

Thorsten

I tried to find a relay like this to replace the stock turn signal one and was told the triple blink feature (like on MBz and new Porsches) is a function of the computer and not a relay. Does the CX1 "B3 Komfortblinker Set" replace the turn signal relay or connect to the hazard flasher? My German isn't car-technical enough to understand their web site, but it doesn't look like the 986/996 is listed as working with the module. How does it install in a Porsche?

My German isn't car-technical enough to understand their web site, but it doesn't look like the 986/996 is listed as working with the module. How does it install in a Porsche?

I found a link to a PDF of the product manual in English. Looks easy enough as Thorsten stated. I might just have to get one of these. Thanks for the info, Thorsten!

Link to manufacturer's PDF file...

Unfortunately the english file misses the connection table for Boxster (986) which also works for 996. For those two the numbers would be: 8-1-9-6-3. These are the VERY small numbers on the back of the hazard light switch connector. You just use the cables running there to splice in the B3-Module.

In other words:

- the red cable of the module goes to the black cable of hazard light switch

- the blue cable of the module goes to the black-white-green cable of hazard light switch

- the yellow cable of the module goes to the black-white cable of hazard light switch

- the white cable of the module goes to the black-green cable of hazard light switch

- the black cable of the module goes to the brown cable of hazard light switch

Attention! When testing the module by putting the hazard light switch on the connector while its not in the instrument pod you might insert it upside down and thus reverse polarity. In the instrument pod is a slot that would normally prevent this. Don't ask me how I know... (although it didn't kill the module.)

As I said it's a 20 minutes job. Loren has already provided info for disassembling the instrument pod here.

All this said maybe there's a better method for you U.S. guys to pay. Maybe Mr. Ziegenhirt could set up a PayPal account or credit card payment. Also I'm not sure about customs or tax fees you'll have to face. Also shipping seems quite high, maybe that's with extra insurance. Just contact him.

Thorsten