Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I notice that some of you are connecting a wire from pin5 to the DME but then you mention you already had a cable in pin A38 on the DME!

that being the case surely the small cable look you buy as part of the kit only needs plugging to the back of your steering stalk block?? No need to run a long cable to the DME?

or am I missing something here?

On 5/9/2008 at 5:02 PM, RFM said:

Chriz

The single wire go's in the blue connector pin 3 and in the stalk pin 5. Installing the wire and the stalk is an easy DIY.

Program the DME and STEERING WHEEL ELECTRONICS is a dealer job.

Richard

The stalk is available separately and screwed in the backing unit, cars without cruise have no stalk there is nothing to exchange, the backing unit is still the same.

Hope it helps.

Can I just confirm that the cable does indeed go to the relay carrier (photo attached to make sure) Blue connector Pin 3 (circled Ref) and then direct to the stalk Pin 5?

reason I ask is that some say it goes to the DME Pin A38!

Which one is right??

E9817439-E643-4B94-A12A-EFD37155BCEF.jpeg

• 1 year later...

Hello everyone yesterday I manage to install a cruise control stalk from q7 to mumy 955 S all procedure done cable from pin 5 to pin a38 but I can't make it work after trying coding it with VCDS. If anyone uses Vcds it would be much appreciated if I can have the coding command plz? I know this post is old but I hope that someone still watching the post so I can have a bit of help. Thank you in advance 

• 11 months later...

Hi All, 

i went to complete the DME connection on this retro fit on my 2009 GTS (UK model) today. However I noted that it looks like pin a38 doesn’t have a grey / yellow cable in it?? Is it possible the colour changed?

as a fall back I opened the fuse box to connect to the blue connector by adding my new cable to pin 3 which is currently empty. However, when I looked at the receiving side of the connector there is nothing for the new cable to connect on to??

has anyone else noted this or is my car missing the pin required in the blue connector?

thanks!

8D04F572-D2F2-426C-86C5-0EC2A474649D.jpeg

41FB53AD-6096-4DD0-A15F-973725B15A0A.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

So I have managed to find the answer to my question for anyone following this...

It turns out that my cayenne is a later model GTS (late 2008 build so i guess 2009 model year).  As such these cars DO NOT NEED TO RUN THE ADDITIONAL CABLE AND WIRING (from steering column to DME)!!!  That's right, you just need to fit the cruise control stalk to the steering column, code the car with PIWIS and bingo it works like magic!

From the image below, it looks like the X marks which models require the additional wiring, the - indicates the additional cabling is not required.

image.png.2aa285fb5eb6267ea173ebd7f12f6782.png

On 6/22/2022 at 1:17 PM, Dim86 said:

Hello everyone yesterday I manage to install a cruise control stalk from q7 to mumy 955 S all procedure done cable from pin 5 to pin a38 but I can't make it work after trying coding it with VCDS. If anyone uses Vcds it would be much appreciated if I can have the coding command plz? I know this post is old but I hope that someone still watching the post so I can have a bit of help. Thank you in advance 

Similar position here, but using Durametric Pro. Did you ever discover what the code is that you need, and if it is only the engine module that needs updating? I show 00133 ATM which I know is 00/steel springs/auto transmission, but I am struggling to get any further.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

my porsche dealer does not know, what he has to code. I think, these old pigs are a problem for the young guys in the garage 😁

Can someone give me a tip what has to be coded and how? I think the ECU and the Instrument Cluster  must be coded.

Thank you.

Roger

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2023 at 9:59 AM, Martynh said:

So I have managed to find the answer to my question for anyone following this...

It turns out that my cayenne is a later model GTS (late 2008 build so i guess 2009 model year).  As such these cars DO NOT NEED TO RUN THE ADDITIONAL CABLE AND WIRING (from steering column to DME)!!!  That's right, you just need to fit the cruise control stalk to the steering column, code the car with PIWIS and bingo it works like magic!

From the image below, it looks like the X marks which models require the additional wiring, the - indicates the additional cabling is not required.

image.png.2aa285fb5eb6267ea173ebd7f12f6782.png

Hello Martyn,

I have a 2008 GTS and I noticed as you did too that I don't have the grey and yellow wire at pin A38, so your message with the chart is quite good news. I believe we have different DME modules as the pinout and connector plugs look different than what I've seen in other forum posts, in particular the 957 DME pinout post on this site. Can I ask what the source is of this chart, is it an official Porsche document? Just want to assure myself before I put the steering wheel and lower dash panels back on as I don't want to take them off again!

Regards,

David