Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Help my car wont start....

Ok I am having the exact same problem as the guy below with my 2002 targa. I just got the car back from a long stay at a body shop where it sat for months without being run that much. When i went to get the car it would not start, it tries, kinda starts then dies. The body shop guy said he had a guy come look at it and "tapped" the fuel filter and it started. he said it looked clogged. I am confused as i find out that the cars fuel filter is incorporated into the fuel pump.

I took the car, it drove and got home just fine. Made two stops and it started right up. I went to drive the car a week later and same problem no starting. The car just got a new battery and has had a new ignition switch put it.

It looks like this guys problem was the idol controll valve, but do 2002 and ups have that part? Any help would be appreciated. Since the car is low and has a kit it is not abel to be towed. I need to try and find a way to get it going to at least get to a shop to fix. I am decent with wrenches so i may be able to do a simple repair myself.

Car starting thread

Ok, I have a MY 99 996, six speed manual that has been my daily driver for most of it's life. My daily commute to work is around 80 miles but LA traffic has been so bad that I have been driving my automatic Land Rover instead. So I haven't driven the 996 in about a week. I started her up yesterday, Sunday, to pull her out of the garage into the drive way....no problems. Shut her off, spent some time giving her some much needed love washing and waxing, then I start her up. :jump: No problems drive her 10 feet into the garage and shut her off. I was looking forward to driving her to work, got in this morning and I started it. The engine fired and right before it was about catch it just dies. I tried two more times and nothing. I check my radio...no problem, all the interior lights are on, the flashers work and I turn on the headlights the sidemarkers come on but the two front lights are out. I read the voltage meter and it reads 12. Which I think it was before but would always be up at 14 when I got her fully warmed up.

My thinking: Its got to be a fuel problem or electrial problem and my suspicion is the battery. Any thoughts? I plan on calling AAA later this afternoon for them to check my battery and if that's not it I'm having her towed to the dealer. Anyone experience something like this before? I am so sad. :(