Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Track Day tool for seat belt

Gang

Wanted to share a seat belt locking device that I tried yesterday at VIR :drive: . I have stock seats and seat belt, and was thinking about a racing seat and harness, but I drive my car daily and often have to wear a suit to work. Not an easy decision. At VIR, CDOC runs the track store, they also have online sales at http://www.cdoc.com . I went in the store and found this http://www.cdoc.com/detail.asp?id=42016#, installed it in my car and it was a great difference in driving!

post-4600-1189608852.jpg

What it does is keep your lap belt tight on your lap, so your rear end does not slide around and gets you great anchoring on the seat for the pedals, my knees are not working to keep me anchored. I was truly amazed, and had a great time on the track.

Wanted to share this as another solution to getting a full race seat and harness if you want to keep your car stock.

I have used one in my S4 as well, works well for autocrossing. My parent neighbor invented it and makes them.

Gang

Wanted to share a seat belt locking device that I tried yesterday at VIR :drive: . I have stock seats and seat belt, and was thinking about a racing seat and harness, but I drive my car daily and often have to wear a suit to work. Not an easy decision. At VIR, CDOC runs the track store, they also have online sales at http://www.cdoc.com . I went in the store and found this http://www.cdoc.com/detail.asp?id=42016#, installed it in my car and it was a great difference in driving!

post-4600-1189608852.jpg

What it does is keep your lap belt tight on your lap, so your rear end does not slide around and gets you great anchoring on the seat for the pedals, my knees are not working to keep me anchored. I was truly amazed, and had a great time on the track.

Wanted to share this as another solution to getting a full race seat and harness if you want to keep your car stock.

That looks like a nice part, and I don't want to disuade anyone from buying one if they feel so inclined. However, I know that most baby car seats come with a similar, but much simpler buckle-type contraption that does exactly the same thing, namely, it locks in the lap belt so that it will not come out. It is necessary for baby seats used in cars that don't have the shoulder belt lock out feature activiated by retracting the belt all the way out. I'm pretty sure you can be these buckles at walmart, babies-r-us, and other stores that sell baby items. I even think I recall seeing an add in excellence where they advertised these baby buckles (or something very similar) for use in weekend track car/ autocross cars.

Scott, I got about 3 of those at home, know what you are talking about. I did not have the same experience with those, then I read somewhere that those metal flat "H" belt locks are rated for child weight and impact. So my "water buffalo" weight exceeded the thing, and I still slid around and the belt lost it over 5-6 laps. Worth a try, but the CG Lock did the trick for me. How's that latin phrase go "buyer beware"?

Where you able to reset your calipers and get the noise out of the brakes? I am curious....

Scott, I got about 3 of those at home, know what you are talking about. I did not have the same experience with those, then I read somewhere that those metal flat "H" belt locks are rated for child weight and impact. So my "water buffalo" weight exceeded the thing, and I still slid around and the belt lost it over 5-6 laps. Worth a try, but the CG Lock did the trick for me. How's that latin phrase go "buyer beware"?

Where you able to reset your calipers and get the noise out of the brakes? I am curious....

Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware"

Caveat venditor is Latin for "let the seller beware"

I've been using one for autocross for a couple years now. At first I didn't like it and I put it away for a while but then decided to give it another try. It is a very simple and effective device for what it does, I use it for autox all the time now.

Well there you go then. I thought maybe the simple h-clip might not work, but thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility anyhow just in case. Izzy, I have not tried the brake trick yet. We just had our third little addition to the family last wednesday, and he just got out of the hospital earlier today, so its been a bit of a crazy (and emotional)week to say the least. All is well now, so we are very thankful. I'm going to try the brake adjustment this saturday. I'll let you know how it goes!