Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Heated rear window wiring.... where is it?

I have upgraded my plastic window to a BAS glass window convertion. The roof is now all fitted and works (folds) perfectly.

The only thing left to do is wire up the heated rear screen, it came with about 18" loom coming down from the glass with a 2 pin plug conector.

My question is, is there a plug connector hidden away somewhere for me to simply connect to?

It does puzzle me as to why there is a heated rear switch that even illuminates when pressed on a car

without heated rear screen tho?

I have upgraded my plastic window to a BAS glass window convertion. The roof is now all fitted and works (folds) perfectly.

The only thing left to do is wire up the heated rear screen, it came with about 18" loom coming down from the glass with a 2 pin plug conector.

My question is, is there a plug connector hidden away somewhere for me to simply connect to?

It does puzzle me as to why there is a heated rear switch that even illuminates when pressed on a car

I'll tell if you do.

There is a plug socket under a little hatch on the top of the "b" pillar right behind your left shoulder (U.S.), Couldn’t figure what it was there for at first but...

Your Turn, where did you get a glass replacement? Did you keep your original canvas? D.I.Y job (I’m real handy)? How much?

Thanks P.K

Lloyd:

The reason there is a heated rear switch (in early cars with plastic windows) that even illuminates is because the switch (and the associated harness and plug that is shown in the photograph by Tool Pants) was provided for the factory Hard Top that could be fitted on the car.

Regards, Maurice.

Lloyd:

The reason there is a heated rear switch (in early cars with plastic windows) that even illuminates is because the switch (and the associated harness and plug that is shown in the photograph by Tool Pants) was provided for the factory Hard Top that could be fitted on the car.

Regards, Maurice.

Hey Maurice,

Never got a chance to thank you for holding my hand staight through my top sychronizing woes. What friggn' delight to use now! THANKS!!!

Peter

Lloyd:

Regards, Maurice.

Hey Maurice,

Never got a chance to thank you for holding my hand staight through my top sychronizing woes. What friggn' delight to use now! THANKS!!!

Peter

Peter:

I'm very gratified that we were able to figure it out and get it to work, and especially that you stuck with it so that you could still enjoy it for a few more weeks (before the cold weather).

Regards, Maurice.

Hi P.K

I sussed out the wiring minutes after putting up the post, id also found a photo of the car when it was

on the forecourt brand new (the original buyer had took before he picked it up) the photo pictured

the car with a hardtop!

I purchased the hood convertion from BAS in UK - http://www.car-hood.co.uk/

I rate the fitting of this pretty easy for anyone who is a bit of a `have a go` type of person. Dont worry about

the stories you hear of the glass breaking, it works perfect if fitted properly.

Here are some pictures:

Picture007.jpg

Picture008.jpg

I'll tell if you do.

There is a plug socket under a little hatch on the top of the "b" pillar right behind your left shoulder (U.S.), Couldn’t figure what it was there for at first but...

Your Turn, where did you get a glass replacement? Did you keep your original canvas? D.I.Y job (I’m real handy)? How much?

Thanks P.K