Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2.5tip to 3.4 conversion

:D :D

Ali,

Flashing the 996 3.4 maps on the 2.5 ecu solved the shifting problems you had initially? So no need to do anything with the tiptronic ecu? How is it sofar, any hickups?

Henk

Hello Every one .I am back working on my boxster 3.4 :D ok flashing the ECU from 2.5 to the 996 3.4 ECU did the trick and fixed the shifting problems. now the tiptronic shifts perfectly, and the manual mood works perfect too. there is more work i did and i shall update when i get to my warehouse "where i work on my car". one update is connecting pin 59 to 996 manifold on engine. and connecting vacume lines properly "including the one for tiptronic".

Ali

• 2 weeks later...

Ali,

Thanks for that, waiting for your updates. hope you'll get the runnuing rich problem sorted.

I bought a 97 boxster in the meantime, now browsing for a 3.4 engine and then i will follow you pioneers (ali for the tiptronic and tholyoak for the swap)

henk

Ali,

Thanks for that, waiting for your updates. hope you'll get the runnuing rich problem sorted.

I bought a 97 boxster in the meantime, now browsing for a 3.4 engine and then i will follow you pioneers (ali for the tiptronic and tholyoak for the swap)

henk

Thank you, and congrats for the boxster. I shall post more updates as i figure out the rich mixture.

Ali

Ok some upgrades i did : :D

post-21227-1209796624_thumb.jpg

" 19" wheels, 19X8.5 front + 19X10 rear + pirelli Pzero tires"

post-21227-1209797240_thumb.jpg

post-21227-1209797298_thumb.jpg

post-21227-1209796892_thumb.jpg

Ksport adjustable Coilovers, Adjustable Camber "The 3 pics above"

post-21227-1209797439_thumb.jpg

Tools to adjust coilover "from left to right.. (6brake line holder + 4 rubber gourmet) + ( 4 ride comfort adjustment pins "with orange head" ) + (ride hight adjustment tool "2 black pieces in the bottom" ) "

post-21227-1209797478_thumb.jpg

Coil over installed "notice the braided brake line"

post-21227-1209797642_thumb.jpg

Cross drilled brake rotor and painted caliber red + white porsche sticker

post-21227-1209798698_thumb.jpg

better pic of braided brake line "you can also see the Fabspeed 3.2 headers"

post-21227-1209798844_thumb.jpg

Rear Brace

post-21227-1209798887_thumb.jpg

Front brace

post-21227-1209798950_thumb.jpg

Eibach Anti-roll bar kit "front and rear" "notice my foot on bottom right hand side ha ha ha"

post-21227-1209799207_thumb.jpg

Adjustable front tension rods

post-21227-1209799234_thumb.jpg

Adjustable rear toe arms

post-21227-1209799268_thumb.jpg

Adjustable rear track arms

post-21227-1209800074_thumb.jpg

I used wooden base covered with matching carpet to mount amp1 + capacitor + 2sets of cross overs

then i added a 2nd floor out of plexi glass to mount amp2 and 2nd set of cross overs, eh first time

doing this but i think it looks good.. i hope lol.. oh yeah and i got rid of the spare tire to make space :(

here is whats inside:

Amp 1 : “A/D/S PQ40.2” 4 x 100Amp true RMS to run front and rear speakers “high

and mids”.

Speakers and cross overs: 2 X MB quart Qsd-213 for front and rear speakers .

Amp 2 : Rockford Fosgate to run subwoofer

Subwoofer : Focal 13ks , 5” 180 Watts “Bass”

Capacitor : Alumapro Cap5 , 5 Farad.

Head unit : Nakamichi CD-400

And by the way with this audio system music

sounds clear , crisp and sweet with convertable up or down "love it"

post-21227-1209801482_thumb.jpg

I modified both side doors with fiber glass to make a box for the small yet powerfull 5" woofer

"oh make sure you cover the side door covers when you work with fiber glass, that dust is really

hard to clean.. again first time working with fiber glass ;)"

ok i finished the sound system and all , but i need to take more updated pics, so i shall post some

more pics later. Please excuse my delays i get busy with work .

Thanks

Ali

:renntech:

Edited by goldnogard

Ok some upgrades i did : :D

post-21227-1209796624_thumb.jpg

" 19" wheels, 19X8.5 front + 19X10 rear + pirelli Pzero tires"

post-21227-1209797240_thumb.jpg

post-21227-1209797298_thumb.jpg

post-21227-1209796892_thumb.jpg

Ksport adjustable Coilovers, Adjustable Camber "The 3 pics above"

post-21227-1209797439_thumb.jpg

Tools to adjust coilover "from left to right.. (6brake line holder + 4 rubber gourmet) + ( 4 ride comfort adjustment pins "with orange head" ) + (ride hight adjustment tool "2 black pieces in the bottom" ) "

post-21227-1209797478_thumb.jpg

Coil over installed "notice the braided brake line"

post-21227-1209797642_thumb.jpg

Cross drilled brake rotor and painted caliber red + white porsche sticker

post-21227-1209798698_thumb.jpg

better pic of braided brake line "you can also see the Fabspeed 3.2 headers"

post-21227-1209798844_thumb.jpg

Rear Brace

post-21227-1209798887_thumb.jpg

Front brace

post-21227-1209798950_thumb.jpg

Eibach Anti-roll bar kit "front and rear" "notice my foot on bottom right hand side ha ha ha"

post-21227-1209799207_thumb.jpg

Adjustable front tension rods

post-21227-1209799234_thumb.jpg

Adjustable rear toe arms

post-21227-1209799268_thumb.jpg

Adjustable rear track arms

post-21227-1209800074_thumb.jpg

I used wooden base covered with matching carpet to mount amp1 + capacitor + 2sets of cross overs

then i added a 2nd floor out of plexi glass to mount amp2 and 2nd set of cross overs, eh first time

doing this but i think it looks good.. i hope lol.. oh yeah and i got rid of the spare tire to make space :(

here is whats inside:

Amp 1 : “A/D/S PQ40.2” 4 x 100Amp true RMS to run front and rear speakers “high

and mids”.

Speakers and cross overs: 2 X MB quart Qsd-213 for front and rear speakers .

Amp 2 : Rockford Fosgate to run subwoofer

Subwoofer : Focal 13ks , 5” 180 Watts “Bass”

Capacitor : Alumapro Cap5 , 5 Farad.

Head unit : Nakamichi CD-400

And by the way with this audio system music

sounds clear , crisp and sweet with convertable up or down "love it"

post-21227-1209801482_thumb.jpg

I modified both side doors with fiber glass to make a box for the small yet powerfull 5" woofer

"oh make sure you cover the side door covers when you work with fiber glass, that dust is really

hard to clean.. again first time working with fiber glass ;)"

ok i finished the sound system and all , but i need to take more updated pics, so i shall post some

more pics later. Please excuse my delays i get busy with work .

Thanks

Ali

:renntech:

Looks like you made a big jump! WOW!

Have Fun!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Admin
Ok it seems like I resolved my CE issues with the car, now I need to buy a Durametric tool to clear Airbag light. Does any one know if airbag light would prevent airbag from working?

Ali

That will depend on what the fault code is that turned the airbag light on.

I heard the K-Sport coilovers are HARSH. How do you like them?

Well I did not address the whole suspension issue yet. I took my car to an alignment shop for standard alignment, so far so good. But I do want to lower the car in the rear a little, plus see how far can I go with perfecting handling. I had Eibach springs with standard boxster suspension prior to this; the car drove more comfortably with the Eibach springs. Yes now it seems harsh in comparison to before. Where did you hear or read it rides harsh with k-sports? Any info would be helpful with my current updates.

Thanks

Ali

Ok it seems like I resolved my CE issues with the car, now I need to buy a Durametric tool to clear Airbag light. Does any one know if airbag light would prevent airbag from working?

Ali

Well after the 3.4 install on my boxster, the airbag light came automatically. When I plug my ODBII it shows no error codes “using 996 odometer in my boxster”. From what I read here, it seems like a Durametric tool should clear the airbag light. I was just wondering would clearing the airbag light affect the airbags or disable them?

• Admin

Ali

Well after the 3.4 install on my boxster, the airbag light came automatically. When I plug my ODBII it shows no error codes “using 996 odometer in my boxster”. From what I read here, it seems like a Durametric tool should clear the airbag light. I was just wondering would clearing the airbag light affect the airbags or disable them?

No, clearing the fault does not affect the air bag performance. If the fault is still present it will cause a fault (and light) again until the fault cause is corrected.

Ali

No, clearing the fault does not affect the air bag performance. If the fault is still present it will cause a fault (and light) again until the fault cause is corrected.

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Ali. The K-sport suspension looks almost exactly like my G4 Racing system.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=11342

They could well be different branding of the same stuff. If they are the same, then my experience with mine is they are very harsh indeed. My back hurts a little after driving in the car for too long. All speed humps must be approached very cautiously. I don't race my car. So I don't know how much improvement it offers on a track. But on the road, it certainly reduces body roll and improved cornering a fair bit.