Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

"dealer Services" Extended Warranty

Anyone have any stories or experiences with "Dealer Services" extended warranties? The I got a call from them today and they quoted me $2,075 for a 5 year warranty on my 996 (which has 66k on it.)

They seemed a bit sketchy to me. I went to their website but websites mean nothing. Their website is www.enaws.com

I told the guy I had to do more research before I could make a decision.

Any info on these guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phillipj

Anyone have any stories or experiences with "Dealer Services" extended warranties? The I got a call from them today and they quoted me $2,075 for a 5 year warranty on my 996 (which has 66k on it.)

They seemed a bit sketchy to me. I went to their website but websites mean nothing. Their website is www.enaws.com

Thanks,

Phillipj

I brought the extended warrenty for 7yr/100,000 at new. I cost me $3,500.00. For $2075 for another 5 years, I will go for it

Thanks,

Phillipj

I brought the extended warrenty for 7yr/100,000 at new. I cost me $3,500.00. For $2075 for another 5 years, I will go for it

Thanks,

Phillipj

Thanks for the feedback Stephan,

Have you had to us the warranty for any repairs yet? If so, How were they to deal with?

Thanks,

Phillipj

Thanks,

Phillipj

Thanks for the feedback Stephan,

Have you had to us the warranty for any repairs yet? If so, How were they to deal with?

Thanks,

Phillipj

I got a '06 and only has 14k on it. I just considered it cost $3500 more and get a peace of mind. P-car repair expenses are high.

Hi Phillipj

I wanted to share with a first hand positive experience I had with an extended warranty company called "Warranty Activation Headquarters". I purchased a Royal Administration Platinum policy from them on a 2001 996 c4 I used to own. The company operates under Royal Administration, which in turn is own by a much bigger financial insurer, meaning they are financially secure. I dealt with an agent called Scott Isbel, and he was super super knowledgeable and professional. The cost for my policy was at the time less than $3000 for 7 years/100000 miles, and gave an initial deposit, and then they were charging my Amex on a monthly basis installements until the policy was paid in full. I did not have to pay the full amount at once, not to mention that with Amex I had extra purchase security, in case the company was not up to promises like so many extanded warranty prove to be. Few months in the policy, the main convertible cable snapped, when I went to my dealer they said that the entire electric top had to be replaced. The cost was over $5000 and I was quite concerned. But having purchased the bumper to bumper Platinum policy, proved to be be a wise choice, since it covered all electric and cables. The warrantor replaced the entire convertible top and paid to my dealer directly the price of the top plus $80 per hour for the labor. I only had to pay a $20 balance per hour to my dealer since they were charging $100/hour, still getting a pref rate over the normal $130. They also paid for a rental for two days. I ended up very happy and with a brand new top. When I sold the 996 the policy was transferable so it was an extra plus for the sale of the car. Also if I remember correctly I you sale the car within a year you get some type of refund.

All in all the company was very easy to deal with, and Scott was amazing. I am very picky and careful when it comes to these kind of purchases, I did my home work, and I am glad I went with them. Call and try to get hold of Scott Isbel, you may pay a few extra dollars compared to others, but the company and their policies are solid. If I ever have to purchase again this kind of extended warranty I would no doubt use this company again......

I am including their info for you and web link.

Hope that will help you in your decision.

Cheers

Porschester

Buyer's Choice Plans

Service Shield by Royal Administration

Service Shield Platinum, Diamond and Manufacturer's Plus plans are administered by Royal Administration. Your repair facility should call the claims department prior to repairing the vehicle. This is just to inform the claims center of what needs to be repaired.

Warranty Activation Headquarters: 1800-376-5553 ( I think Scott Isbel Ext. might be 114...but Im not certain)

http://www.warranty-hq.com/programs.aspx

Contact information for Royal Administration:

CLAIMS: 1-800-871-0467

By Mail:

Royal Administration

51 Mill Street

Building F

Hanover, MA 02339

By Web:www.royaladmin.com

By E-Mail:contactus@royaladmin.com

Hi Phillipj

I wanted to share with a first hand positive experience I had with an extended warranty company called "Warranty Activation Headquarters". I purchased a Royal Administration Platinum policy from them on a 2001 996 c4 I used to own. The company operates under Royal Administration, which in turn is own by a much bigger financial insurer, meaning they are financially secure. I dealt with an agent called Scott Isbel, and he was super super knowledgeable and professional. The cost for my policy was at the time less than $3000 for 7 years/100000 miles, and gave an initial deposit, and then they were charging my Amex on a monthly basis installements until the policy was paid in full. I did not have to pay the full amount at once, not to mention that with Amex I had extra purchase security, in case the company was not up to promises like so many extanded warranty prove to be. Few months in the policy, the main convertible cable snapped, when I went to my dealer they said that the entire electric top had to be replaced. The cost was over $5000 and I was quite concerned. But having purchased the bumper to bumper Platinum policy, proved to be be a wise choice, since it covered all electric and cables. The warrantor replaced the entire convertible top and paid to my dealer directly the price of the top plus $80 per hour for the labor. I only had to pay a $20 balance per hour to my dealer since they were charging $100/hour, still getting a pref rate over the normal $130. They also paid for a rental for two days. I ended up very happy and with a brand new top. When I sold the 996 the policy was transferable so it was an extra plus for the sale of the car. Also if I remember correctly I you sale the car within a year you get some type of refund.

All in all the company was very easy to deal with, and Scott was amazing. I am very picky and careful when it comes to these kind of purchases, I did my home work, and I am glad I went with them. Call and try to get hold of Scott Isbel, you may pay a few extra dollars compared to others, but the company and their policies are solid. If I ever have to purchase again this kind of extended warranty I would no doubt use this company again......

Cheers

Porschester

Buyer's Choice Plans

Service Shield Platinum, Diamond and Manufacturer's Plus plans are administered by Royal Administration. Your repair facility should call the claims department prior to repairing the vehicle. This is just to inform the claims center of what needs to be repaired.

Warranty Activation Headquarters: 1800-376-5553 ( I think Scott Isbel Ext. might be 114...but Im not certain)

By Mail:

Royal Administration

51 Mill Street

Building F

Hanover, MA 02339

Porchester,

Thanks so much for the info. I will give them a call.

Keep me postd on your car!!

Take care,

Phillipj

Hi Phillipj

Cheers

Porschester

Buyer's Choice Plans

By Mail:

Royal Administration

51 Mill Street

Building F

Hanover, MA 02339

Porchester,

Are all of the mods you have done to your car compliant with the warranty company? My fear is that I lose an engine and they say "sorry you changed your (whatever) so we won't cover this". Does a chip void your warranty? Exhaust? Air filter? Plenum? Just wanted to know.

Thanks,

Phillipj

Porchester,

Are all of the mods you have done to your car compliant with the warranty company? My fear is that I lose an engine and they say "sorry you changed your (whatever) so we won't cover this". Does a chip void your warranty? Exhaust? Air filter? Plenum? Just wanted to know.

Thanks,

Phillipj

Hi Phillipj...

My suggestion, is that if you plan on doing any mods to your Porsche,try to stay as OEM as possible....According to my Porsche dealer, which has done all the work on my 997, I wont lose my warranty, my X51 intake is OEM, my Headers will be X51 as well, I was going to opt for EVO, and then decided to play it safer...not to mention that the X51 are superb....my short shift is OEM...the spacers OEM...The GIAC chip is not but again was intalled by my Porsche dealer, as for the Plenum Its not a big mod, so I would not be too worried about it...But anyways, you dont have to disclose everything to the extended Warranty company....and most likely if you service your car the way it should and take good care of it, I would not anticipate any major engine complications...

Hope this helped....and keep me updated...

Cheers

Porschester